20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Precor Error 27, Too Much Drive Motor Current
1. The running belt and/or deck are badly worn.
2. Drive motor is shorted or de-magnetized causing a high power demand.
Precor Error Code 27
- Check the amp draw using a clamp on AC volt-amp meter during loaded and no load conditions and compare values to a similar treadmill that is known to have a good running belt and deck. Replace the belt and/or deck if necessary. Don't forget, some units have a double sided deck which means it may be flipped over rather than replaced if it has an unused side.
- Test unit with a known good drive motor. Replace drive motor if necessary.
on Feb 26, 2020
What is error 30 on the precor 9.33i treadmill?
Precor Error 30, 31, 32 and 33, Communications Error
1. Bad interconnect cable between upper PCA and lower PCA.
2. Interconnect cable is mistakenly plugged into the CSAFE connector at the upper PCA.
3. Elliptical 5.17 equipped with old software version 1.01 in upper and lower PCA.
4. Upper and lower PCAs have mismatched software.
5. Another component plugged onto the PCA is overloading the +5VDC power supply.
6. Bad lower PCA.
7. Bad upper PCA.
Precor Error Code 30 31 32 33
- Test unit with a know good interconnect cable or test the interconnect cable for continuity. Replace interconnect cable if necessary.
- Disconnect the interconnect cable from the CSAFE connector and attach to the proper position on the upper PCA.3.
- Replace the upper and lower software of the 5.17 elliptical with the most current versions.4.
- If one of the PCAs is found to have software version 1.01, replace it with the most current software version.
- Disconnect all components from the upper and lower PCA leaving the data cable connecting between the upper and lower PCAs and the AC power going to the lower PCA. If the unit shows any error other than the error 3x, reconnect components one at a time. Reset power between each newly connected component until the error 3x reappears. Whichever component was last connected when the error 3x reappears, is the cause for the error. Replace the faulty component.
- Test unit with a known good lower PCA. Replace the lower PCA if necessary.
- Test unit with a known good upper PCA. Replace the upper PCA if necessary.
on Jan 20, 2019
Precor 933i where are fuses
Remove the the black and red wire from the Motor control board, get a drill battery and touch the wires to the positive and negative. If the belt moves, then I would say to replace the MCB.
on Mar 01, 2015
9.33i treadmill asks me password as the unlock
Procedure 2.3 - Accessing the User Parameter Program
This procedure allows you to
change the following settings:
• Set Measurement Units
• Enable/Disable Password
• Set User Name
1. Plug the power cord into the wall outlet, then turn on the treadmill with the circuit breaker.
2. Press keys STOP,5,6,7,1 sequentially.
3. The display will momentarily read SELECT UNITS
4. The currently selected measurement unit will then be displayed.
5. Use the UP, DOWN arrow keys to toggle between U.S. STANDARD and METRIC.
6. Press the ENTER key to select the currently displayed measurement unit.
7. The display will momentarily read, PASSWORD
8. Use the UP, DOWN arrow keys to select either PASSWORD ENABLED or PASSWORD DISABLED
9. Press the STOP or ENTER key to exit the program.
on Nov 05, 2014
Error code 05 appeared on
Precor Error 05, Key Depressed at Power Up
1. A key is permanently depressed on the display.
2. An interface chip (IC) has failed in the upper PCA's keypad.
3. Liquid (cleaning solution or sweat) may be on the surface of a touch sensitive display.
Precor Error Code 05
- Disconnect the keypad cable from the upper PCA. Reset power to the machine. If the Error 05 is eliminated, the keypad is the cause and should be replaced.
- Disconnect the keypad cable from the upper PCA. Reset power to the machine. If the Error 05 still appears, the upper PCA* is the cause and should be replaced. *Upper PCA's most commonly do not come with software. Remove the software (chip) from the existing upper PCA prior to replacement and install into the new upper PCA.
- Wipe away all liquid from the touch sensitive display. Reset power to the unit. If the Error 05 is eliminated, the liquid was the cause.
on Aug 14, 2014
My 933i is tripping my house circuit breaker at
When a running belt has excessive wear, it creates a lot of friction which causes the drive motor to work harder. When the drive motor works harder it will start overheating. If the belt is not lubricated periodically, it will ruin the deck, the drive motor, and cause other electrical problems such as tripping the breaker [after a while, the circuit breaker on the treadmill will need to be replaced.
It is suggested to lubricate the belt monthly. At this point, you may need to replace both your deck and your running belt.
With your model and serial number, you can visit our website and view the products we have available for your particular machine. - Precor Repair Parts for 9 21s 9 21si Treadmills Consumer SPORTSMITH net
The following link will take you to our tech support page that contains some tips and videos on how to maintain your treadmill: SPORTSMITH LLC
on Aug 11, 2014
"Belt Error" comes up on
There is a motor which spins the belt.Under the belt there is a grease and bit of oil.This is used to keep the belt running smoothly.If this grease/oil gets dried up after certain usage then this will make the belt bit stiff and this will make the motor to get hot and this overheats the running area on the treadmill hot.So first the belt needs to be lubed with grease/oil and rechecked.But if the problem is same then its probably the fault in the motor control board and motor.this has to be checked and replaced.The motor gets overheated and gets short.The internal windings of the motor burns out.
Thanks. Keep updated for any more query. You can rate this
solution and show your appreciation.
on Nov 05, 2013
Unit will not rise incline
Please RUN the software calibration for easy diagnose and troubleshooting. However Lube the elevation motor+shaft+gear+pinion+adjust the small POTENtiometer a little. see the diagram attached and proceedGod bless you
on Jan 29, 2013
Displays "stop key" and won't do anything. This has done this before and had to replace stop key button. Is this a problem with this model?
1) Remember that is important key, the cycle of work is a lot, add the dust, environment, etc.
2) Now i will recomend to you, clean with cleaner contact( radio shack or computer store) each week, try to take out the covert and do it, very carefully, disconect the power cord for to avoid ESD. In other word maintenance, with more intensity.
This will be avoid to exchange often.
on Nov 18, 2011
9.33 treadmill set manual 30
It have some problem with motor controlling circuit board. The repairing in the circuit board of treadmill should done by an experienced person in it, because there are harmful high voltage areas in the circuit board. Consult some one who is experienced in it.
on May 22, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?