20 Most Recent
- Page 4 Questions & Answers
Where is the reset button on the kirby sentra
I'm not aware of any "reset" button. If the vacuum does not turn on, it's usually due to one of the accessories not being installed properly.
From the manual:
"IF THE MOTOR DOES NOT RUN WHEN THE MOTOR ON-OFF SWITCH IS PUSHED:
1. Make sure the Power Cord is plugged into an outlet and that the outlet has power. (Check for a blown fuse, tripped circuit breaker or power company trouble.)
2. Make sure the cord plug is fully inserted into the unit.
3. Look for breaks in the Power Cord insulation. If the cord is damaged, get a new one. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR IT. Use only a genuine Kirby® Power Cord. Do not use standard extension cords.
4. Make sure that an attachment or accessory is properly mounted on the front of the Power Plant. The unit will not run without the Power Nozzle , Hose Coupling, Air Intake Guard or Accessory Brush Nozzle in place.
5. The unit will not operate without either a Filtration Bag Assembly/ Mini Em-Tor® collector ?, Attachment Hose or Carpet Shampoo Tank properly installed on the Air Exhaust Port ?.
6. The Filtration Bag Assembly/Mini Em-Tor collector, Attachment Hose or Carpet Shampoo Tank must "click" firmly into place for the unit to operate. If the fitting is too tight and you have difficulty installing the above, apply a small drop of water to the gasket to reduce friction and ease installation.
Here's a link to the owner manual if you lost yours:
Kirby heritage 2 How to put the belt on. I'm having a problem getting the belt on the rod
The belt goes around the brushroll before you install the brushroll in the nozzle compartment, you must then twist the belt lifter casting which will rotate the belt lifter hook to lift the belt into the proper location to allow you to install the nozzle compartment on the vacuum. Then rotate the belt lifter casting to release the belt onto the motor shaft.
Not finding what you are looking for?