20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Optoma color wheel issue
You'll have to go into the service menu and check if all the colours are showing the same percentage.
We normally set all of them on 50%
The projector powers on and
Thanks for using FixYa. Please check all input cables coming into the projector. Make sure that all connections are firm & tight. Try using DVI cables if you are using component cable or vice versa. If this doesn't help then make sure that the cooling fan is working and dust filters are not clogged with dust.
Please do accept the solution if the issue is resolved or else revert for further assistance.
Installed new color wheel not working correctly
I also replaced the color wheel in my EP739 after the old one disintegrated suddenly. Colours were then all over the place. Actually, it looked like each colour channel was displaying all the colours of the rainbow!
Here is the procedure I used to solve the problem - maybe not as elegant as Marrie's solution, but it will not cause any damage, will most likely solve the problem, and you will be able to get everything back to the way it was if it doesn't work:
- Have the projector running and displaying a stationary picture. The right sort of picture to use is one that has a full range of brightness values from near-black to peak white. I used my lap-top as the source. Also, this way you can compare the projector's picture with the picture on the lap-top.
- Press the power button once. "Power off the lamp" dialogue box appears. Hold down the left arrow button until the service menu appears (takes about 8 seconds).
- Using the up/down arrow buttons, scroll down to "Color Setting" and press "enter".
- Scroll up to "Color Wheel Index". Make a note of the existing setting for later reference. You can change the Index setting over a range of 100 to 550 by holding down the left/right arrow buttons. As the setting changes, the colour rendition will slowly change, and at some point the colours will come right. Note that the changes are quite slow. Find the lower and higher settings where colour aberrations just start to appear, and set the Index mid-way between.
- If this doesn't fix the problem, return the Index setting to original. My original setting was 354 and the new setting was 461.
I do not advise touching any other settings in the service menu unless you have access to a service manual and know what you are doing.
Projector has no power
close lamp compartement door firmly because door switch can disconnect power from projector if not closed firmly.
The heat is generated by the lamp whether or not there is an input signal. If the unit seems to be hotter than normal, check the air input grill and be sure that it is celar of dust and debris. You can also gain access to the fan and be sue that the fan is clean.
i have the same projector with same problem. i called optoma direct and ordered a new color wheel. it was relatively easy and came in about a week. the phone no. is 408-383-3710
Color bleed and Fan
I had similar problems with my EP739 shutting down in the middle of a presentation. Optima told me to run the fan on the high altitude setting. But the real problem was I was setting the computer too close to the projector, and the hot air from the computer was being sucked into the projector. Once I learned to set the computer away from the vents on the projector, the problem went away.
switch your lap top first and the projector second----check input is assigned to computer-------press fn key with conjunction of f4 or f5 or f6 or f8.
Not finding what you are looking for?