How to empty trash on ipad
Posted by rosiescape on
When you hold down on the app icon and it shakes with a little x in the left corner, that deletes an app. Once an item is deleted that is it. There is no trash can like on a mac.
Posted on Mar 06, 2011
While on my iPad (original) all the sudden, it goes black screen, powers off. I must restart to continue, sometimes it will shut down several times then, other times it may work all day without shutting down by itself. Every time it shuts down, I perform a reset. It happens again. When it shuts off, I don't necessarily have to be doing anything, may be reading an email for example. I am unable to find any information on this occurring with others. Thanks for your assistance. Bill
Posted by Bill Bill on
It seems that you've already tried reset (holding the home and power buttons, right?) the iPad and it does not work.
So you may need to connect your iPad to your computer and do a factory restore using iTunes.
Check this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414
Posted on Jul 19, 2012
Where is the trash bin on the IPad??
Posted by claposta on
As mariolands said, there is no trash bin because Apple wants to make the device as simple as possible for users to use. Actually, if you think about it, a trash/recycle bin is not even necessary as the user does not need to worry about things like that.
If you were wondering how to remove apps, then you have to hold any app icon on the home screen for several seconds until they start wiggling. As they begin to wiggle, you should see a cross in the top corner of each app. To delete an app, just tap on the "x" and it should be deleted.
As for the mail, once you're in the mail app, just swipe right on the message you want to delete and an option to delete will appear on the right. Alternatively, you can tap Edit at the top right and select the message(s) you want to delete.
Hope this helps, -virjog
Posted on May 07, 2011
How can i watch wmv clips on my IPAD ?
Posted by bg_mulder on
iPad can't play WMV video directly, you can install a VLC player on your iPad, which can player most of the videos. Or you can convert WMV to iPad supported format(MP4 ,MOV), here i recommend a free converter for you, Aneesoft free wmv video converter which can help you solve this issue.
Thanks for your interest in fixya please do be considerate to leave positive feedback and ratings for me if you feel my answer have helped you. Thank you.
Posted on Dec 09, 2010
I am a new iPad owner. I am using Outlook 2007 for my email. I chose Outlook when I set up my sync options in iTunes. Outlook calendar and contacts syncs perfectly. However, it seems like the iPad is just getting email from my comcast server and outlook has nothing to do with it. Did I set up something wrong? Thank you!
Posted by cathy... on
You can sync apple ipad with outlook, there are different ways to do this, I will show you way where you can sync between your Google calendar outlook and your ipad.
Please follow the next steps.
* If you don't have a Google calendar then you can create one here http://www.google.com/calendar/
* Now you'll have to download the Google Calendar Sync, http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=89955
* Follow Google instructions on How to sync Google calendar with outlook, you'll have to insert your email and some other steps that are details at the link above.
* Now it's the ipad turn, from SETTINGS on your iPad select mail then contacts and calendars now select the add account then select Microsoft exchange
* Still with the ipad, from within the Microsoft exchange enter your gmail/email address, leave the domain field empty.
* Enter your password into the screen. Select next from the upper right corner. A message saying “Unable to Verify Certificate” will come up, Click accept.
* A new window, populate the server field with “m.google.com" click next. A new window will ask you to select what will be synchronized from the Exchange server, make your selections and select done.
That's about it now your ipad is synced with outlook through your google calendar.
Hope this will help you with your problem syncing ipad with outlook
Posted on Aug 10, 2010
hi. i found an ipad it unlocked. no body is they to collect it so. how do i unlock the ipad?? plezz help me
Posted by anna anna on
It is possible to unlock your iPad (or other iOS devices) now. And if you prefer an easier way to do the job, see how you can achieve it on your PC or Mac on your own from this website: www.automaticiphoneunlocker.com
Posted on Jun 25, 2012
how to set the same folders on ipad as in my outlook?
on my outlook all emails from four accounts are coming to one outlook, and on ipad emails go to each account
Posted by tomek481 on
How do I empty the trash can on my ipad
Posted by Jjhc on
Hi! Well, I'm happy to inform you that there is no trash can on the iPad. Apple is trying hard to simplify the usage as much as they can, hence no trash can to be found.
Posted on Mar 13, 2011
How do I download photos from my laptop (Toshiba Satellite) to my ipad?
Posted by hamishdevl... on
1. Turn your PC and iPad on.
2. Connect your iPad with your PC.
3. Open iTunes and select "Photos" under iPad.
4. Click and drag the desired photos to your desktop and it will be transferred to your PC
More Resource: Transfer photos from PC to iPad
Posted on Apr 26, 2013
How do I use my outlook with iPad
Posted by pennyruth on
You can sync your contacts through itunes .... but there is not a native outlook app on ipad
Posted on Apr 19, 2010
912 questions posted
Usually answered in minutes!