20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
The display went out on
If it were a FORD radio... I would suggest tht you rplace the illumination bulb....
But , I have had JVC stereos that have done this to me ... and so I am suggesting that you check the ground wire... as it is most likely the problem here...
JVC KD-S23 Car...
on Feb 03, 2012
My JVC KD-R426 keeps on saying warning check wiring and reset system. I've tried everthing but it still does the same. What must I do
Not sure if this will help any other owners since my answer is 4 years late, but this is what I found from another user. Apparently if you mess with the wiring too often, it goes in a safe mode which you need to do some button trickery to unlock the device from it's safe mode. These are the Steps.
1.Disconnect power supply
2.Press [MENU] and [UP arrow] buttons and keep holding.
3. While holding the buttons [MENU] / [UP arrow], connect the power plug again
A. The display will show "DC ERR"
*** if it still shows "Chk wiring ..." repeat the steps above until you get "DC ERR."
4. Press [UP arrow]; the display shows "DC1 ERR"
a. Press and hold [UP arrow] and it will show "DC1 OK"
5. Press [Down arrow], the screen will show "DC2"
a. Press and hold [DOWN arrow] and the display will show "DC2 0"
6. Disconnect the power from the back of the unit.
7. Remove the Face Unit.
8. Reconnect the power from the back.
9. Use a sharp object and press the [RESET] hole for 3 seconds and release.
10. Reinstall the face unit and turn on the power.
JVC Car Audio &...
on Sep 13, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?