20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
GE Sensor Microwave JES1855 died
Mine went dead after about 6 months. I had problems with my breakers and I found out that it was the microwave that blew all of them. I also found out that this perticular microwave is a fire hazard and should be recalled. It has caused me alot of headache. The breakers in my house are brand new and they are put out by GE also. It caused me to loose the food in my freezer, I did not know my freezer had lost power. It would cause my entire lights to go off and then they would come back on. I have checked around and I found out that the power cord on the back of the unit is very loose. I had a person to come in and look at it, he thinks its the power cord.
on Jan 17, 2010
Ge microwave fan runs when door open
If your microwave continues to be running when you open up the door or when the door is open it could be an issue with the doors interlock switch. A proper functioning door switch provides the power to other components on the microwave and should interrupt power when the microwaves door is opened. The microwave will have to be repaired.
on Nov 20, 2020
I have a GE Microwave oven model JVM1790SK01. The nite light wont turn off, I pulled the plug, reset all the features but the nite light is still on, how do I fix that?
MICROWAVE PROGRAMMABLE AUTO NITE LIGHT
Some over-the-range microwaves had a programmable Auto Nite Light feature, which will turn the surface lights on low on at a specific time. The Auto Nite Light feature can be set to turn on and off at any time desired.
Follow the directions below for set-up:
- Press the AUTO NITE LIGHT pad.
- Enter the time the light is to turn on. Select A.M. or P.M.
- Press the AUTO NITE LIGHT pad again and enter the time the light is to turn off. Select A.M. or P.M.
- Press the AUTO NITE LIGHT pad once again.
- The word NITE will show in the control window as a reminder that the feature is set. The settings can be reviewed by pressing AUTO NITE LIGHT.
To erase the settings and turn off the automatic feature:
- Press the AUTO NITE LIGHT pad, then press the ZERO pad.
- The NITE indicator will no longer be lit.
on Nov 18, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?