- Page 8 Questions & Answers
Windows xp no audio device
Open the Control Panel.
Go to System Icon, press
Pick Device Manager and look for yellow balloon, this should be near the sound folder. This is where the fault lies, usually in a faulty driver.
Download a new one from Hp.com, by putting in your pc model number and look for audio drivers and downloads.
57 views | 0 helpful votes
How do i reduce the text and icons on my laptop display/screen
Assuming you have a Windows system:
- First make sure you don't have the type size and icons set to a large size. Right click on your Desktop and choose 'Personalize'. Then in the lower left choose 'Display'. Make sure that you have selected 100% as the size of text and icons. If you have, proceed to #2
- Make sure that you are displaying at the native resolution on your laptop. If Windows doesn't have the right software drivers (instructions) for the display it will use some generic drivers which will work but will make everything appear large and potentially slightly fuzzy. Verify the potential resolution of your laptop with HP by looking up the model on their website and then checking the screen resolution. Then right click on your Desktop and pick 'Screen Resolution' from the context menu. Verify that the resolution is the same as the HP's listed resolution. If not, change it to match. If you can't change it to match that means you don't have the correct video card driver installed on your notebook. Go to #3
- To install the correct video driver for your notebook, go to the HP Support site and click on 'Detect my product'. This will install some HP software that will recognize your system and load the appropriate updated software drivers for all components. You want to specifically find 'video drivers' but it will probably be OK to let others found by the website be installed. Install the video drivers and then if the screen isn't displaying at the correct manufacturer resolution, go back and repeat the instructions in step 2 to manually set it.
That should get everything displaying at the correct size.
62 views | 0 helpful votes
Why I can not turn off the alternate blue keyboaod on hp desktop
Solution 1 - Permanent OFF (windows 7)
- Go to Start menu > Devices and Printers
- Right click on HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Kit (yours may have slightly different name)
- Left click on Region and Language
- Left click on Change Keyboards button
- Under General tab go to > Default Input Language section > select English (Canada)-US
- Under General tab, now go to > Installed Services section > Keyboard heading > click on item for Canadian French then click the Remove button on the right,
- Repeat step 6 to remove line item Canadian Multilingual Standard
- Click Apply button at the bottom of window, then click OK button to get out of the window, click OK to get out of final window
- Close your Devices and Printers window and you are done FOREVER with the unwanted characters!
Other alternative solution on this HP webpage.
How do turn off the alternate BLUE keys on my HP keyboard
280 views | 0 helpful votes
Not finding what you are looking for?