20 Most Recent B.C. Rich Nt Warlock Electric Guitar Questions & Answers

Guitar manufacturers use generally one of two different knob types: (1) knob has a small set screw of some type holding it on or (2) press fit onto the shaft of the tuneing pot (volume knob in your case).
Now, the problem is if it is NOT a set screw type, it is press fit. You see press fit used most of the time on lower-end instruments (and a few high end). The BEST way to get a stuck volume know off is to get a shoe string, loop part of it under the knob, brace the guitar firmly and PULL SLOWLY WITH FORCE. Realize that it is possible to damage the guitar if you **** on the string too hard.
I have never seen where a stuck know did not come off (or hear of someone breaking their guitar doing it).
I have also resorted to using a small screwdriver: work it way under the know and gently twist it to loosen it so it can be pulled off with a string or your hands.
Be carefull not to scratch your guitar!
Good luck,

B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Dec 05, 2019

If the noise is a pop or click, that's normal. Any other sound could be caused by too long a cord, which will produce noise while on the floor.

If it's not the cord, then you most likely have something wrong with the wiring inside the guitar. Have a luthier (guitar builder and technician) look at it, and s/he should be able to fix the problem.

Hope that helps!

Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/cameron_463100ffd54b591d

B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Oct 15, 2014

Have you tried another cable between amp and guitar? Usually the cable goes bad first. Have you tried another amp or possibly tried another guitar on your rig? If this still indicates that your guitar's Standard 1/4" TS Jack is noisy, remove the oval cover over the jack and check the solder joints for the wiring. Follow the wires back to the tone and volume pots and check those solder joints. If everything is secure...Plug in, power up and check for noise while turning the volume pots stop to stop. If the pots make a scratching noise, shut down rig and unplug the guitar. Get a can of spray contact cleaner with a small extension tube (available at electronic shops) to spray in the pots while turning them. (May have to remove pots fom the guitar to get at small openings on side of pot can.) Spray jack and test for noise. Jack STILL
noisy...If you can solder...unwire old jack, remove from guitar, take to electronic shop, match to Standard 1/4" TS Jack, install in guitar, resolder wire connections and test. If you cannot solder...take guitar to
a reputable shop or dealer that does this repair. Good Luck! P.S. The
spray contact cleaner can be used on the amp jack, pots and switches
too...just make sure the amp is unplugged from the power supply before
doing any spraying.

B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Mar 08, 2013


B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Mar 06, 2013


B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Feb 22, 2013

The tailpiece, as it's called, can be purchased from various parts shops, as well as online. Check AllParts as well as Warmoth. either one should have what you need. If you don't want to pay shipping, then you may be able to find it at Guitar Center, Sam Ash Music, or Musician's Friend.
If it's a string-thru-body design, then you'll have to take it to a luthier (guitar builder and technician) to have it fixed.

Hope that helps!

Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/cameron_463100ffd54b591d

B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Mar 27, 2011

The official name of the part the strings run over at the top of the neck before going to the pegs is the "nut". This is the common name for the function on most stringed instruments.

You can buy these at guitar shops and replace your own, but sometimes they have to be adjusted to get the strings at the right height. Take your guitar to a place selling them... they may even be able to quickly change it for you.

I just got two nuts from Guitar Center for a bass and they were less than $5 each.

B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Mar 27, 2011

First thing see how it "dresses" and where it will reach. Use a manifying glass to look for the place it broke from.

Also look at this site for typical connections... find your configration an select from likely schematic(s):


B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Aug 21, 2010

Try looking for a battery pack in case you have active pickups. Otherwise I'd check the output jack first if your cable is good.

B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Jun 21, 2010

Try looking here:http://mediawebsource.com/guitar/pickup.htm .

B.C. Rich Nt... | Answered on Sep 28, 2009

Very hard to track serial numbers on these guitars
they made and sold millions since the 80's
they are worth $100-$300 and more depending on condition and exact model

there is very little info available online with the exception of eBay and other sites for price reference... Rich Warlock

B.C. Rich Music | Answered on Mar 25, 2015

It sounds lie the frets aren't seated correctly. This will need to go to a professional repairman. It's too easy to mess your guitar up if it's done wrong.

B.C. Rich Music | Answered on Feb 02, 2015

Usually switches are replaceable as a unit and the part cost is under $6.

B.C. Rich Music | Answered on Aug 26, 2009

I understand your pain - was googling for similar, and came across this post, 5 years prior. My SGC Nanyo Bass Collection has just started to play silly beggars with the pots, and a bridge fault. Nowhere online seemed to have any details of the wiring, as the problem is, as you say, the fact that all of the tone and volume pots are based on a printed circuit board. If theres a nick or short on the board, its a pig to replace, and I really wouldn't like to have to wire any pots onto it. I'm currently looking at the options of ripping out the old electrics and wiring it from scratch myself. If you're still after answers, good luck!

PS - noted that none of the previous replies are relevant to this - mostly going on about the amps or a Fender guitar??!

Music | Answered on Jan 20, 2020

Not finding what you are looking for?
B.C. Rich Nt Warlock Electric Guitar Logo

16 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top B.C. Rich Music Experts

Michial Gueffroy

Level 3 Expert

1140 Answers

Cameron Lewis
Cameron Lewis

Level 1 Expert

64 Answers

Nethan Paul
Nethan Paul

Level 1 Expert

18 Answers

Are you a B.C. Rich Music Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

B.C. Rich Music

  • B.C. Rich Music

Most Popular Question

bc rich bolt body bass guitar

  • Music