How to remove front lower panel
Before starting any repair, make sure that power has been unplugged at the wall.
1. Start the process by removing the top of the dryer by unscrewing the two screws at the rear with a Torx bit (a set of bits are available for less than $8 at amazon.com).
2. Remove the two side panels of the dryer by lifting up and out of the slots.
3. Next pull out the top control panel (no screws!) and disconnect the various connections, taking photos to ensure correct reinstallation. Place the panel aside for protection.
4. Now remove the door from the dryer with the two mounting screws (often, these same screws need to be retightened in use because they can be loosened by vibration).
5. Remove the door mounting panel from the frame. Four screws hold on the mounting panel; two are used to attach the door and the other two are used to attach the panel to the front assembly.
6. Before removing the rest of the front frame assembly which holds the drum in place, put a couple wedges in at the bottom to hold up the drum and to prevent damage to the rear bearing. If you damage the rear bearing you will need to replace it, too. If the bearing is damaged, it will provide a lot of noise until it is replaced!
7. The front frame assembly is removed with six more screws; four at the top and two at the bottom. Lift up to remove.
8. The front of the dryer is now fully open for whatever repair is required.
9a. This is a good time to install a new dryer belt as it can be easily slipped over the drum. A loose but unbroken dryer belt will decrease the efficiency of your dryer resulting in higher power costs. A broken belt makes the dryer useless.
9b. To install the dryer belt, release the tension spring on the drive pulley on the bottom right side, pull the belt over the pulley, and then reattach the tension spring to the frame with a pair of needle nose pliars.
10.. When repairs are made or the dryer is cleaned (recommended!), you can reverse the order of disassembly to restore your dryer to its original use. During reinstallation of the top control module, reconnect the wiring exactly as shown in your photos and be careful not to pinch any wires that could cause a short and make your dryer inoperable.
11. After you have reinstalled the top on the dryer, plug in your dryer to the power mains supply and enjoy new found efficiency and joy in doing the job yourself!
Bosch Axxis WTA...
on Aug 05, 2014