20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Canon MX850 printer - ADF copy has black line on it
Hello, my name is Steve,.
This is a common problem and an easy fix.
If you lift the ADF / top cover assembly up, you will see a small narrow piece of glass next to the flat-bed glass.
Ths is called a "Slit-glass". The only purpose is to read content from that point by the scanner, The Scanner will sit in the underside of it.
It is dirty. Wipe this with glass cleaner and a soft lint-free cloth. you may need to do this several times. Concentrate the part of the glass were this image problem is just by the orientation of the document you are installing with the direction of the document you are passing through the ADF.
It will take several attempts, but with each try, make a new test from the original document, unyil the problem disappears.
I believe this will solve your problem, Best , Steve
on Nov 13, 2018
Getting error code 6A00-Canon PIXMA MX850 all-in-one printer
The error indicates that the slide the cartridges run on has debris buildup or a component of the printer is blocking the cartridges ability to slide.
Steps to fix...
1. Unplug printer from power source
2. Slide the cartridges to the middle and inspect the slide for a buildup of "gunk" or pieces of debris. Remove what you see and clean the slide with a lint free rag and isopropyl alcohol
3. Look for any part of the printer that may have become dislodged or moved from vibaration and use and try to put it back in to place.
4. Get some "canned air" at any computer or office supply store and blow the printer out thoroughly.
Plug the printer back in and it should work again.
on Mar 06, 2015
What is error B200 on Canon MX850?
The B200 error is a Voltage High Error. I read that you should try using a different power outlet and see if that works and if that doesn't work try cleaning the print head:
If it doesn't fix it then the board inside of the printer is faulty and you will have to replace the printer
- Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
- Unplug the printer
- Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
- Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
- Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab
- Allow to dry and replace the cartridges
- Try to print something
on Sep 07, 2012
Not finding what you are looking for?