20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
COMPUTER DOES NOT BOOT UP
This is a problem with your Operating system. Thsi usually happens as a result of a virus activity or system files that have been corrupt. For you to fix this, Lets try the following options....
1. Restart your computer and while it is booting, just before it starts displaying letters and numbers on the screen, keep on pressing F8, until it gives you an option for you to boot in safe mode.
Select SAFE MODE and wait to see if the computer will boot into safe mode. If this option works, then you have to download an antimalwarebyte software and run a complete scan on your machine. But if the first option does not work for you, the try the next one.
2. You need to have an operating system Disk that is the same with the one your computer is using. For example Win XP. 7/ 8. Then you will have to boot the computer with the disk in it such that the computer will boot from the Disk. This will give you options for you to repair your machine without loosing any of your personal data.
on Dec 12, 2013
Restore back to factory settings
If you don't mind loosing everything on the hard drive, restoring the system is fairly easy.
Locate your disks that came with the computer. In there, you should find a disk either for Vista Home or a restoration disk. Place this in the drive and reboot the computer. You may have to press a key like F8, F10, etc, during the very first startup screen to boot to the disk.
You should be able to follow on screen instructions from there.
on Jul 19, 2012
Cooling fan running fast nothing on monitor
E machines I dislike having to say this they have lots of issues with their motherboards. Their hardware is integrated meaning you must purchase their parts only, I have lots of them in my garage more than any other PC over the years. People do not believe me and swear by them. I do not work on them anymore. My suggestion is unless it is a newer model machine buy another and get out from this computer. It will nickle and dime you in the long run. Just an opinion?
on Apr 10, 2012
Emachines W3619 won't load ntldr
Take a windows XP CD, Switch on your PC and go to "BIOS" menu and select "Boot From CD/DVD" whichever is applicable for your pc.
Now insert the Win Xp disc i drive and start PC, Boot the Pc From CD Drive and you shall get the Blue screen of windows Installation. Restart the PC by hard pressing the power button for 30 secs.
Now you will be able to login to windows.
on Dec 13, 2011
How do i restore my emachine w3619 without a
If your trying to restore your machine back to factory setting then you can follow the steps below:
1. Go to start menu
2. Click on all programs
3. Click on Emachine
4. Click on Emachine recovery management
5. Click on restore on the bar across the top
6. Click on restore to system factory default
1. Turn OFF you computer
2. Press and Hold ALT key then tap F10 8 times immediately after you turn you computer on.
Hope this information will be helpful. Thank you forusing FIXYA.
on Apr 16, 2011
Need to restore it
I researched your problem and I think I have a solution for you. The article is written my eMachine to walk you through a restore so I suggest you print it out before you start the restore. Clink the link or copy and paste the link in your web browser. Its a step by step on how to do the restore so you definitely will need to print this out or at the least write down the instructions. Here is the link:
I hope this helps you out and if it does please me a Yes that I did help you. Thank you.
on Apr 06, 2011
How do i restore my emachines w3619
Place the recovery disk that came with the eMachines computer into the CD or DVD drive. Restart the computer.
Click "Next" when the operating system restoration screen appears. Click "Repair Your Computer" and then select "Next."
Locate your eMachine's current operating system in the list
of available operating systems, such as "Windows Vista." Click the
appropriate choice and then choose "Next."
Select "Load Drivers" and wait for the drivers to finish installing. Select "System Restore" and then click "Next."
Scroll down through the list of available restore points.
Select the first restore point if you want to completely revert the
computer to factory settings. Select a later restore point if you just
want to roll back any changes to your computer to an earlier date.
Click "Next" and then select "Finish." Click "Yes" and then choose "Restart" to restore the eMachines computer.
on Jan 09, 2011
How do you change the hard drive in an Emachine
how to Install a new hard drive
Do you have the original operating system on CD or DVD? also you need the new HD to be a "SATA" if you do read on
1. unplug all cables from computer (power, Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard,
try to remove static from body and ground yourself.
2. place cpu on a confortable work table (if possible)
3. on the back of the cpu there is 2 screws that hold the side cover, remove those you may have to do both sides.
4. pull the cover towars the back of the cpu to remove.
5. there you would be able to see if you can remove the tray holding the hard drive or if you can get the hard drive out by itself
6. Unplug the 2 cables on the back of the hard drive (power and data)
7. There should be 2 screws on each side of the hard drive remove them.
8. Now pull the hard drive out of tray (that is a go)
9. insert new hard drive in tray and attach side screws
10. connect data and then power to hard drive (can go in in one direction only).
11. place both side cover (don't forget screws) and make sure the covers go in to the tabs so it would not rattle.
12. connect mouse, keyboard, speaker, monitor and power.
that is it
now you just have to reload your operating system with your cd's
turn pc on, insert cd's and restart computer, you may have to press on/off switch to turn it off or ctr+alt+del to restart.
if the cd is in it may restart and ask you to press a any key to start from cd if not you have to change boot order from BIoS
if it works for you don't forget to rate
on Apr 29, 2010
Not finding what you are looking for?