20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
To replace battery of pocket watch
My son has a Timex pocket watch-I just got the back off with a very tiny flat-head screwdriver- the niche or indent you're looking for is almost indiscernible; look very closely, the edge of the back barely deviates from where it meets the edge of the front piece. Looks more like a flaw than an intentional point of entry
on May 05, 2017
I have a majestron pocket
I went to Fossil's website, and didn't see a way to contact them for repair. If you still have the manual that came with the watch, it should have a contact number for support.
If you have any success with that, take it to a reputable watchmaker/repair person, and they should be able to help you (call around to find one first).
Good luck, and hope this helps.
on Dec 09, 2010
I have a pocket watch i bought in paris but the
I do apologize for the inconvenience.Please try the below steps which should be helpful for you to remove the back of the watch and also replace the battery.
- Flip over your pocket watch. Remove the back of your watch. The back of watches are either screwed on by four small Phillips head screws (unscrew them) or the watch has a press inserted back (slide a thin knife blade under the edge of the back of the watch and pry it off).
(OR)Find the small groove on the back of the watch right above the hinge,place the tip of the screwdriver (the small kind used for the screws in glasses) into the groove and gently pry off the back of the watch.
- Remove the circular watch battery out of the back of the watch.
- Take the battery to any department store or watch store and purchase a new replacement battery.
- Insert the new battery into the back of the watch.
- Screw on or push on the back of the watch. Set the watch to the correct time.
The above should be of help for you to have the battery on the pocket watch replaced and have the watch working once again.Best wishes for your effort and thank you for your time and patience.
on Nov 12, 2010
I NEED A NEW BATTERY.
You have to open your watch caseback and read the numbers on old battery- these would be exactly what you are looking for.
There are plenty of watch batteries sold on ebay and you can buy the right one here: www.ebay.com , check in watch parts and tools.
The other way is to pop into your nearest watch repair shop and ask to replace battery(this would be quicker and safer, but dearer).
on Jan 09, 2009
How do I replace battery in Fossil Twist 1114.
You can simply replace battery in your Fossil Twist 1114 watch. First of all you have to open back case of your watch and remove existing battery. Be careful and do not creates scratches on the watch. After removing existing battery from watch you should place new battery in the watch.
on Jun 24, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?