20 Most Recent
Kenmore 5553 / 655532 / 55534 / 55539 Side by Side Refrigerator - Page 7 Questions & Answers
What if there are no reviews??? Kenmore 57906 side by side
I'm not sure where you can go for reviews so I will give my own. I work on all brands of refrigerators and this one is a great model. It is made by Whirlpool who in my opinion make the best refrigerators. Whirlpool uses the best quality compressor as well as other parts. Most models have what would be considered a "common problem" and this one doesn't have any that I can think of. The brands I would stay away from are Samsung and LG. Whirlpool now owns Maytag, Amana, Kitchenaid, & Jenn-air and they can do this because they make great products. You might look for reviews on Whirlpool if your not having luck finding anything on this particular model. Would appreciate a solved rating for expert advice.
Kenmore coldsopot 55536400
best thing is to give freezer a thorough defrost.this would in effect allow components to reset and start fresh
Kenmore Coldspot - Is there a switch for the dispenser light?
It is possible that there is a switch for the dispenser light on your Kenmore Coldspot refrigerator. Some models have a separate light switch that may be located near the dispenser or inside the refrigerator compartment. You can try checking the user manual for your specific model or contact Kenmore customer service for more information.
If the dispenser light still does not turn on after checking for a separate switch, there may be an issue with the wiring or control board for the dispenser. In this case, it may be best to contact a professional technician for further diagnosis and repair.
2/28/2023 5:25:53 AM •
on Feb 28, 2023
Ice, the size of a small fist accumulates behind the rear freezer panel area behind the ice maker and just above the fan. What could cause this ice build up where there are no coils?
There are a few possible reasons for the ice build-up in the area behind the ice maker and above the fan, even if there are no visible coils in that area. Here are some potential causes to consider:
- Blocked Drain: The defrost cycle of a refrigerator is designed to remove excess moisture from the freezer compartment, which typically drains out of the freezer through a small drain hole and into a collection pan located beneath the refrigerator. If the drain becomes blocked, the excess moisture can accumulate in the bottom of the freezer and eventually freeze, leading to the ice build-up you described. To check if this is the case, you can try locating the drain hole (usually near the back of the freezer, near the bottom) and clearing any debris or ice that may be obstructing it.
- Faulty Defrost System: Another possibility is that there is an issue with the defrost system itself. If the defrost heater, thermostat, or timer is not functioning correctly, it can lead to excessive ice build-up in the freezer compartment. While you mentioned that the coils appear to be defrosted, it's still possible that there is a problem with one of these components that is causing the ice to accumulate in a different area.
- Poor Air Circulation: A third potential cause is that there is inadequate air circulation in the freezer compartment. If the freezer is too full or if items are blocking the vents, it can prevent cold air from circulating properly, leading to pockets of warmer air that can cause excess moisture to accumulate and freeze. It's worth checking to make sure that the freezer is not over-packed and that there is nothing blocking the vents.
- Water Leak: Finally, it's possible that there is a water leak somewhere in the refrigerator that is causing excess moisture to accumulate in the freezer compartment. This could be due to a damaged water line or valve, a faulty ice maker, or a damaged door seal that is allowing warm, humid air to enter the freezer. If you suspect a water leak may be the cause, it's best to have a professional diagnose and repair the issue.
Overall, it's hard to say for sure what is causing the ice build-up without further inspection, but these are some common possibilities to consider. If the issue persists, it may be worth calling a professional to diagnose and repair the problem.
2/26/2023 4:02:53 AM •
on Feb 26, 2023
Kenmore 10656926600 cycles on for 11-12 minutes then off 14-15 minutes constantly. Fridge and freezer temps are good.
Based on the information you provided, it sounds like your Kenmore refrigerator is operating normally.
Most modern refrigerators are designed to cycle on and off in order to maintain the temperature inside the fridge and freezer compartments. During the "on" cycle, the compressor runs and cools the refrigerant, which in turn cools the air inside the fridge and freezer. During the "off" cycle, the compressor stops running and the refrigerant flows back to the compressor to prepare for the next cycle.
The length of the on and off cycles can vary depending on factors such as the ambient temperature in the room, the amount of food inside the fridge, and how often the doors are opened. However, it's normal for a refrigerator to cycle on for around 10-15 minutes and then off for around 20-30 minutes.
If the temperature inside the fridge and freezer compartments is staying at the correct levels, then there is likely no cause for concern. However, if you notice any unusual sounds, odors, or fluctuations in temperature, it may be worth having a professional technician inspect the refrigerator to ensure it's functioning properly.
2/26/2023 4:00:17 AM •
on Feb 26, 2023
Kenmore 795.78.402 refrigerator. Is the fridge main board bad?
Based on the symptoms you described, it is possible that the main control board of your Kenmore refrigerator is faulty. The fact that unplugging and replugging the fridge appears to have temporarily fixed the problem suggests that the issue could be related to the electrical components on the board.
The ER DH error code you received indicates that there is a problem with the defrost circuit. This circuit is responsible for melting any frost that may accumulate on the evaporator coils in the freezer, which can lead to a build-up of ice that affects the fridge's ability to cool.
A faulty main control board can cause issues with various parts of the fridge, including the defrost circuit. If you have already tried unplugging and replugging the fridge and the error code persists, it may be worth contacting a professional technician to diagnose the issue and possibly replace the control board if necessary.
2/15/2023 4:32:23 AM •
on Feb 15, 2023
Why does my refrigerator run then turn off, then comes back on and does it again?
All refrigerators run and then turn off repeatedly, it's how they maintain the temperature.
If they seem to run too often, this can be caused by a loss of refrigerant caused by a leak.
Your door seals could be worn, causing a leak and requiring the unit to run more frequently.
Anything restricting air to the unit can cause problems, including dust, pet hair, lack of ventilation, etc.
2/11/2023 5:15:25 AM •
on Feb 11, 2023
Kenmore Refrigerator 795.75052 Gear Support Assembly (how to attach)
You may have a problem with the gear assembly for the freezer tray on your Kenmore Elite refrigerator. The gear assembly is responsible for supporting the rear of the basket and keeping it in place.
Your description sounds like your gear assembly may be an older generation and may not have screw holes for attaching the gears to the support arm sliders. The gears may be designed to be snapped into place on the support arm sliders.
The plastic tab you mentioned at the back of the slider is likely the attachment point for the swivel hub on the gear. To attach the gears, align the swivel hub with the plastic tab, then gently push it in until it snaps into place.
The tab may be jammed or stuck; in that case, you can gently pry it loose with a small flat-head screwdriver.
If you continue to have trouble installing the gear assembly, consider contacting Kenmore's customer service for further assistance. They can provide you with a detailed exploded parts diagram or even a video tutorial on installing the gear assembly properly
1/14/2023 9:17:51 AM •
on Jan 14, 2023
Have a Kenmore Coldspot model 106.54592400 with brittle water lines throughout need replacement.
If your appliance is displaying an error code that flashes "H" and "F" repeatedly, it may indicate a problem with the temperature or humidity in the appliance. This could be caused by a malfunctioning sensor or a problem with the control board.
To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following:
- Check the door seals to ensure that they are clean and in good condition.
- Make sure that the appliance is level and that there is sufficient ventilation.
- Check the temperature and humidity settings to ensure that they are set correctly.
- If the problem persists, it is best to have the appliance checked by a professional. They will be able to diagnose the problem and suggest the appropriate repairs.
It is important to note that this is just a general guide and the specific cause of the error code may vary depending on the make and model of your appliance. Be sure to refer to the user manual or contact the manufacturer for specific troubleshooting steps.
1/6/2023 10:37:36 AM •
on Jan 06, 2023
Kenmore Dehumidifier Kenmore model 251.50701011 control panel flickering on and off
If the control panel on your Kenmore dehumidifier is flickering on and off, there could be a few potential causes for this issue:
- A loose or damaged control panel display ribbon cable. This cable connects the control panel to the main circuit board and any damage or looseness could cause the control panel to malfunction.
- A faulty control panel display. If the control panel display is not functioning properly, it could cause the control panel to flicker or not work at all.
- A faulty main circuit board. The main circuit board is responsible for controlling the various functions of the dehumidifier, and any issues with it could cause problems with the control panel.
To troubleshoot this issue, you may want to try the following:
- Check the control panel display ribbon cable for any visible damage or looseness.
- If the cable appears to be in good condition, try resetting the dehumidifier by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.
- If the issue persists, you may need to contact a professional for further assistance in diagnosing and repairing the issue with your dehumidifier.
1/6/2023 12:19:41 AM •
on Jan 06, 2023
Fridge not cooling sometimes!
This is most likely due to the defrost thermometer. However, proper testing is recommended by a technician to be sure. It is located at the back of the inside freezer cabinet. You will have to remove the shelves and drawers to access a panel secured with hex screws. When the panel is off, the small round silver piece with a red and black wire is the defrost thermometer. Be careful of the fins around the coils as they are extremely sharp.
1/4/2023 8:01:35 AM •
on Jan 04, 2023
Please help - F01 ERROR CODE ON KENMORE HE5t electric steam dryer is there only (1 ) - F01 CODE AND IS IT FOR THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL BOARD? PLEASE HELP
F01 is a general error code that indicates a problem with the electronic control board. The clicking sound you are hearing may be the result of a failed component on the control board. It is possible that the control board may need to be replaced. However, it is also possible that the issue could be with another component in the dryer, such as a faulty relay or a damaged wire connection.
To troubleshoot the problem, I would recommend checking all of the wire connections to ensure that they are secure. You should also check the relay and make sure that it is functioning properly. If the issue persists, you may need to consider replacing the electronic control board.
If you are not comfortable working on the dryer yourself, I would recommend contacting a professional appliance repair service. They will have the tools and expertise needed to diagnose and repair the problem.
1/3/2023 1:59:35 AM •
on Jan 03, 2023
Not finding what you are looking for?