20 Most Recent
KitchenAid 31 in. KGCC505 Gas Cooktop Questions & Answers
I don't have a Thermador cooktop but here is ma taught.
Could you unplug the two faulty igniters and see if problem remained
Could you plug one of the faulty igniter at the location of a good one. The goal is to isolate the problem. Is it the igniter or the electronic board.
Faulty ground problem may occur also after an spillover on the stove. In that case, use a cotton swab dipped in scrubbing alcool and clean the spark area on the igniter and the burner.
My gas glass cooktop keeps
That was a really smart idea to unplug your cooktop and let it dry out. Many times that fixes the problem, however, if the problem returns as in your case it is time to replace the wire harness. Their are 4x switches associated and directly under the 4x burner knobs.
Moisture can case a short and send a false single to ignite the burner when nothing has been turned on. Take a look at this picture from the link. Number 12 is the wire harness that has failed.
You can purchase this switch by typing in the model number on a appliance parts website and doing a search.
If you are handy here are some general steps to remove and replace the bad igniter/switch harness.
- Take off all the grates and burner caps
- Unplug the unit and turn off the gas line
- Un-screw the 2x screws on each burner
- Remove burners and knobs
- Lift up on the cooktop cover separate it from the burner box
- Pop off the wire harness switches one by one and observe the way it comes off
- Place the new wire harness into place and snap in switches then connect wires
- Reinstall all components
Fasten everything down and retest unit. This job should take around 45min to 1hr to complete.
Please rate me "4 thumbs" if this free answer was helpful to you.
Always the best of luck!
Electric igniter continually clicks spontaneously
clean any debris around all the spark electrodes and any ground points near each electrode,food or grease will make them do this,make sure you use a cleaner like isopropyl alcohol or a greaseless cleaner and let dry good before starting unit,if this doesn't resolve the problem,then you need a new spark/ignition module for the unit,but this first step is much cheaper
Spark igniters on the burners fire continuously
When cleaning, if the control switches get damp, they will react as you describe.
Unplug the appliance, use a hair dryer and attempt to dry the switches.
Leave it unplugged overnight and try them again tomorrow.
They will eventually dry and be OK.
Not finding what you are looking for?