Hello, Calexander58 -
The heating element for your crock pot may have failed.
You can test it to determine if it comes up the to the proper heat.
Follow these steps:
* Make sure you have the kind of cooking thermometer which can be used to take the temperature of liquids, like one for candy making. If you do not have one, you may be able to borrow one from a relative or friend. Otherwise, you will have to purchase one.
* Fill your slow cooker with water halfway to the top
* Turn it on to the lowest setting and cover for 8 hours
* Do not remove the lid during the full 8 hours
* Remove the lid and immediately take the water temperature
The water temperature should be 185 degrees Farhenheit.
How To Test Your Slow Cooker
If the water temperature is less than 185 degrees F, it is time to replace the slow cooker, if it is no longer covered by the manufacturer's warranty.