A home-based bakery can be a fun and rewarding way to earn a living. But before you start whipping up cakes and cookies, there are a few things you need to do to get started. Here's a quick guide on how to start a home-based bakery.
1. Decide what kind of baked goods you want to sell. Will you specialize in cakes, cookies, pies, or bread?
2. Get the proper equipment. You'll need a good stove, ovens, baking pans, and utensils.
3. Write up a business plan. This is the step that most people skip over. But it s the most important one of all!
4. Come up with a menu. This will help you determine how much inventory you need to start.
5. Order your supplies and equipment.
6. Begin advertising!
7. Get the word out that you are re-open for business!
8. Hire a bookkeeper
, an accountant, and a salesperson if necessary
9. Maintain a high level of customer service.
10. Keep your prices competitive.
11. Market to children, teens, and adults.
12. Stock the best quality ingredients possible
13. Stay organized
14. Record keeping is important
15. Have fun!