20 Most Recent American Standard Cambridge 5 Ft. x 32" Right-hand Drain Whirpool Tub, Whit - Page 3 Questions & Answers

You could have an inadequate or blocked vent which is allowing some other drain flow to **** the water out of the bowl (but you would hear it going glug glug) So, more likely, you have a cracked toilet bowl. If no water is leaking onto the floor it must be cracked in a way that allows the water to leak down the drain (by-passing the trap that is built into the back of the bowl). You will have to replace it. The good news is that replacing the bowl is far easier than fixing the vent problem.
But before you replace it, you can test it. Remove the whole toilet from the floor. Elevate it on some blocks over a bucket. Fill the bowl using another bucket and watch what happens.

American... | Answered on Jul 11, 2015

I checked online at www.plumbingwarehouse.com/american-standard-kitchen-faucet-hamilton-4040. There is a diagram that shows a seal kit that probably needs to be replaced. The diagram is really good and shows a complete breakdown of your faucet. I hope this helps.

American... | Answered on May 04, 2015

Water heater heating element bad is the most common problem with lack of hot water.

American... | Answered on Dec 04, 2014

Probably a defective, corroded or half stuck diverter. This is the part that diverts the water either to the tub or shower. Disassemble, inspect, repair or replace.

American... | Answered on Dec 04, 2014

Turn the faucet to the closed position. Turn off the water to the faucet. Remove the handle. The screw that holds it on may be under a plastic cover. Unscrew the large nut. Remove the cartridge. Put the new cartridge in the closed position. Look at the old cartridge and be sure the new one matches the old one. Insert the cartridge. Replace the nut and tighten. Replace the handle. Turn on the water.

American... | Answered on Nov 30, 2014

the screws are under the top caps middle the hot and cold taps

American... | Answered on Oct 19, 2014

plunge drain while blocking sink vent

American... | Answered on Aug 20, 2014

You will wanna get this fixed soon as it could cost you money for the water and sewer if it continues to leak, whats your question and can you post a picture of what the faucet looks like?

American... | Answered on Aug 16, 2014

Make sure the water to the tap set is turned off. Remove the hot plug button, use a small knife to pry it out of the top of handle. Remove the screw inside the handle that holds the handle to the cartridge. Use an adjustable wrench to unscrew the tap handle from the base. Once removed, separate the cartridge from the shell (the unscrew from each other). Use the appropriate size and type of screw driver to remove the screw holding in the flat washer. Using a small dull needle or flat screwdriver remove the "O" ring from the valve stem Replace the o ring by just slipping it on. Make sure you clean all areas of the stem and the stem cartridge of old grease and dirt etc. Use new clean valve stem grease on the O ring before re installing into the cartridge. Insert the new washer onto bottom of valve stem, Screw on. While you have it apart look down inside the tap to inspect the valve seat. If its chipped, broken, rusted etc you MUST replace it, if you do not any new parts will sot stop the leak. Valve seat MUST be nice and flat and clean. To remove the seats most taps will require a 3/8" Allan wrench. Push the wrench into the slot of the seat, turn C-Cw to remove, CW to replace. These parts are cheap. If you need to replace the seat, take it with you to H Depot so they can give you the correct one. NOTE: Its best to do the cold at the same time, saves you the trouble of doing it again later. Same applies to the cartridges. You can replace the entire cartridge instead of rebuilding them at only a few bucks each, its much faster and easier.

American... | Answered on Aug 10, 2014

It'll take a very small, flexible snake to get around two abrupt 90-degree corners.

American... | Answered on Jul 26, 2014

Check the aerator and see if it is getting plug up.

American... | Answered on Jul 11, 2014

Not finding what you are looking for?
American Standard Cambridge 5 Ft. x 32" Right-hand Drain Whirpool Tub, Whit Logo

11 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

Bill Johnson

Level 2 Expert

306 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

23515 Answers

Fahr Quad

Level 3 Expert

774 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

American Standard Plumbing

  • American Standard Plumbing

Most Popular Question

bath tubs installation

  • Plumbing