20 Most Recent American Standard Scala Bathtub Only AME-2664.202 Questions & Answers

yes it can be changed without removing the tub, but you must open up wall, floor whatever it takes to be able to see all this drainage, as you can see, you can't change the parts from in the tub,.....good luck, cracklin joe

American... | Answered on Jan 08, 2010

you can buy a two part epoxy at home depot or lowes or any plumbing store for this problem doesnt matter above or below water line.

American... | Answered on Dec 30, 2009

If this is a trip lever waste type of drain it can be adjusted, Remove the 2 screws that hold the adjusting lever, this will allow you to remove the stopper. Clean the stopper of hair and sludge and replace. This will usually fix the problem. If not then adjust the linkage for the stopper.

American... | Answered on Nov 27, 2009

Do you have the type that has a lever on the wall of the tub?  If so, remove the two screws tat hold it on and pull out the whole assembly that will be connected to it.  It is the spring that is worn out behind the lever and needs to be replaced.  The only problem is that you can't buy just the spring.......for ~$10 you can replace all of it from Lowes or HomeDepot

American... | Answered on Apr 25, 2009

only do that if you have replaced the belt

American... | Answered on Mar 27, 2009

American Standard has the Installation Guide for some of their kitchen faucets on each product's page. A list of some of their two-handle kitchen faucets is available here: https://www.americanstandard-us.com/kitchens/kitchen-faucets?No.%20of%20Handles=Two&page=1&plimit=21 . Home Depot has the Installation Guide for the Heritage wall-mount faucet with Goose Neck spout on the product page: https://www.homedepot.com/p/American-Standard-Heritage-2-Handle-Wall-Mount-Kitchen-Faucet-in-Polished-Chrome-with-Gooseneck-Spout-7293-252-002/100080273 . The current link to the guide is https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfimages/de/deca2fce-73fc-47a2-acb5-efc7232dac17.pdf .

These are standard plumbing installation guides. They condense most of the steps of the hardware install into one diagram/step of the guide.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please add more information on the style of your faucet. (Is it a wall-mounted faucet or a sink-mounted faucet?)

Cindy Wells

American... | Answered on Aug 06, 2020

Download the BILT app and search for your faucet model. The icon is turquoise with a white nut ( as in nut and bolt).
It will show you step by step nearly everything under the sun. Hope that helps a bit.

American... | Answered on Nov 09, 2019

Make sure that the compression nut is not too tight where it could bind up the plunger rod. I'm sure you have probably gotten up under to see if it is hitting anything. Also, make sure that the lift rod is adjusted correctly. I am leaning more towards the unit being bound up some how.

American... | Answered on Dec 10, 2018

Never use Draino on a toilet. All pipe cleaning liquids are not really a solution, just a temporary fix.

Since you said that the slow draining is associated with both the toilets and the sinks then I am almost certain that you have a venting issue.

Imagine a drinking straw.....now if you hold your thumb on the end of the straw and bring it up abouve the water level water remains in the straw. This is because air can't get in to replace the water. When your finger is removed then the water flows freely.

As with the straw, your plumbing must also breath. I would bet that one or more vents that are on your roof have become clogged with debrise. Squirrels love to throw nuts and stuff down there to build their nests upon.

Climb up there (safety is a priority) and try running a snake (~$10 at lowes) and see if you hit any obstruction. If so, use the snake to dislodge it.

If you would like, pour water down the vents either by hose or bucket and see if the water backs up. If it does then you have a clog. You can also use the water to try to clear the clog.


American... | Answered on Nov 27, 2018

mixing valve and ceramic washers are defective. American Standard is not what it used to be. Parts are substandard and imported from china. Get yourself a Glacier Bay, and contact American Standard and demand your money back or a credit.

American... | Answered on Sep 27, 2018

Did you replace or reface the seat (the surface in the bottom of the faucet body where the stem's washer "seats" itself to shut off the flow of water? There are special tools for removing the old seats and installing new ones (available from professional plumbing suppliers), or you may be able to renew the seat's surface with a special tool called a seat surfacer.

American... | Answered on Apr 13, 2018

If by push pull you mean there is a knob and rod that you use to raise and lower the plug. Look under the sink for a rod extending perpendicular to pipe it will be about 8" long and attach to a linking bar below he push pull rod. Typically there is a small retaining nut that seats around a ball seal on this rod that secures it to the tail piece dropping from sink. Unscrew the retaining nut, slide the rod out and then lift out the plug. You will notice a ring on lower end of the plug piece that you will need to insert the rod thru when reassembling. If you are referring to a fixed twist and drop plug Open it and there will be a set screw on a flat face in the stem portion under the cap. It's usually small straight slot screw but may also be a hex head slot Loosen that screw and the plug will lift off a center peg in the drain assembly.

American... | Answered on Jan 12, 2018

Not finding what you are looking for?
American Standard Scala Bathtub Only  AME-2664.202 Logo

10 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top American Standard Plumbing Experts

Bill Johnson

Level 2 Expert

306 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

23504 Answers

Fahr Quad

Level 3 Expert

774 Answers

Are you an American Standard Plumbing Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

American Standard Plumbing

  • American Standard Plumbing

Most Popular Question

bathtub drain stopper stay open

  • Plumbing