Hi, Dawn if you have an old bike that has not had regular fuel system maintenance and you run the fuel tank dry I feel your pain. All the contaminants water-dirt-rust-liner paint flakes-ethanol sludge etc. that lived in the bottom of your fuel tank get mixed with the last few oz. of fuel left in the tank and enter the fuel system clogging up fuel filters-fuel valves-fuel lines-carburetor jets-needle jets and seats-fuel injectors etc. You fill up your fuel tank and guess what your bike does not start or if it does it runs poorly, a complete cleaning of the fuel system is mandatory, the procedure is as follows:
1. Drain the fuel tank and inspect the inside for leftover uninvited guests decontaminate as necessary for rusty environments install a liquid fuel tank liner.
2. In tank fuel pumps with external filters need to be cleaned.
3. Fuel valves need to be rebuilt with a new gasket kit.
4. Fuel lines need to be inspected for integrity and replaced as necessary any inline fuel filter should be cleaned or replaced.
5. Carburetors need to be disassembled then "DIPPED" and soaked in a commercial carb cleaning solution Gunk sells 1/2 gallon pails with meshed screen baskets. Reassemble using new rebuild kits. Record all jet sizes and float level for fine-tuning.
6. Fuel injectors and fuel rails need to be properly cleaned and tested for optimum performance, if necessary send off any suspect injectors to "InjectorRx.com" for a modest fee they will refurbish the unit back to factory specs.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Ran out of gas now it won start
Ran out of gas won start Suzuki Savage 1995 motorcycles
Suzuki FA50 Service Manual
Suzuki FA50 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e