Question about 1996 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
Hi Lexy_cherry_, it should be noted that in order to "PROPERLY" diagnosis any electric starter issue it is "IMPERATIVE" that you begin with a fully charged battery 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a proper load test, and the usual suspects are:
1. Battery terminals have loose or corroded connections.
2. Battery cables faulty due corroded or broken internal wiring at the cable connector especially the "NEGATIVE" cable which needs to be checked at "BOTH" ends.
3. Battery voltage, 12.5 volts or better,to the main circuit breaker to the ignition switch to the security/ignition fuse to the TSM/TSSM module to the engine stop/run switch to the starter button to the starter relay to the green wire that connects to the starter solenoid has dropped more than 1/2 volt.
4. With a voltmeter connected to the battery, the ignition switch in the on position, the kill switch in the run position, the starter button depressed, starter engagement should not bring voltage below 8-9 volts.
If a lower voltage is produced a proper battery load test should be performed with a load tester to validate battery integrity or battery replacement.
5. Faulty starter relay, check continuity.
6. Faulty starter solenoid, check contact plate and shoes for excessive electrical erosion/etching, refurbish as necessary or invert contact plate and use the virgin backside. Check contact shoes for being loose. Replace solenoid if the negative function is still a final outcome.
7. Faulty starter, bench test starter with a 12-volt battery if negative function check, decontaminate and undercut armature commutator segments as necessary, check segments with an ohm-meter probe each one and the segment next to it for shorts. Have the armature tested with a growler and field coils, and brush plate with an ohm-meter for opens, shorts or grounds. Replace brushes if less than .438" It is generally cheaper to overhaul/refurbish a starter motor than buy a new one.
For more information about your issue, please visit the websites below. Good luck and have a nice day.
DOWNLOAD 1996 Aprilia Rs 125
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Oct 28, 2015
SOURCE: my 03 rs 250 wont start
it sounds like , when you where adjusting the shift ,it might be off a little and the bike thinks it is still in gear ( false neutral ),maybe readjust the shifter and see.worth a look.
Posted on Oct 10, 2009
Put the bike in natural and pull the clutch. There is also a kickstand switch before you put it in gear put the stand up or the bike will stall. Hope this helps
Posted on Oct 14, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 03, 2013 | RTO Automatic Transmission And Engine Oil...
Sep 18, 2010 | 1998 Aprilia RS 125 Extrema
Nov 23, 2009 | 1998 Volvo V70
Jul 13, 2009 | Sony Ericsson W910i Cellular Phone
Mar 22, 2009 | 2002 Aprilia RS 125
May 16, 2008 | 1996 BMW 318
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: