Question about 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
1997 ZX6R HAS NO SPARK! I REPLACED THE PULSER COIL, ECU. SOMEONE SAID TRY REPLACING THE RIGHT HANDLEBAR SWITCH BUT I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A WAY TO TEST?? HELP!!!! @
Hi, Eborklund and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Faulty run/off switch
11. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
12. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
Kawasaki 1985 ZX600 Service And Repair Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Kawasaki Ninja Owners Manuals
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Mar 24, 2018
just a long shot but have you checked the stator it spilts the fire from coil to coil or cylinder to cylinder you probally need to do a resitance test on both sides of the stator to see if there the same i hate to see you spend more money but if you have done eveything u said thats the only thing left and since u said sometimes my money is on the stator
Posted on Jun 27, 2009
SOURCE: Bike wont start
hi buddy to check the magneto just find the wires from the magneto and test them out with a volt metre if you have nothing there must be the stator plate gone get back to me buddy
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2015 | 2005 Triumph America
Apr 22, 2014 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Nov 23, 2013 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jun 10, 2013 | Clymer Boating
Jan 27, 2013 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jan 23, 2013 | kawasaki Motorcycles
Dec 19, 2012 | kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja Motorcycles
Sep 18, 2012 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 01, 2012 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jul 07, 2020 | Derbi Motorcycles
Oct 26, 2013 | Motorcycles
538 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: