Question about 2003 Honda STX 1300 Pan European
My ST1300 will not start...The FI lamp does not light up for the few seconds that it should when you turn ignition key...all other lights OK checked all fuses and Relays. It is an ABS model @
Hi, Pjmallon40 and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Thread 2004 ST1300 Won Start
Electrical woes on Honda ST 1300 Part 1
Honda 2003 ST1300 Service Manual
Honda ST1300 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 05, 2018
check your key it has a chip in side it and it may be faulty try your spear and i know it sounds silly but just make sure your kill switch is set to run check the hiss fuse under the seat also swap your fuel pump relay with the fan one the fuel pump relay has brown wires going to it and the fan has black and blue if you have an alarm on it it will be worth checking that make sure that the fuel pump is pluged in under the tank take a look at the hiss light does it go out wen the bike is switched on if it stays on you have a HISS problem any problems let me know and i will do my best to help
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
SOURCE: FI warning lamp on dashboard
2 long and 3 short blinks equals #23 malfunction which is the O2 sensor (California type ONLY).It is either not plugged in correctly, dirt on it's connectors or it is broken and need to be replaced.
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
SOURCE: 1986 sei 1200 goldwing It
check the fuel filter it sounds like it's pluged and causing too much back presure this is causing an over load in the fuel pump causing it to stop working or to presure lock
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
Hi and welcome to FixYa,
Initially, check / bypass or replace the bank angle sensor.
Good luck and thank you for asking FixYa.
Posted on Apr 09, 2010
start relay should be checked, if cables are loose or corroded they do not deliver enough power.if jumping the start relay will engage the starter replace the relay.
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 14, 2014 | 2001 Chevrolet Suburban
on Dec 07, 2010 | Infiniti G35 Cars & Trucks
Apr 14, 2014 | 2005 Honda ST 1300
Nov 07, 2010 | 2007 Honda Odyssey
May 31, 2010 | 2004 Honda ST1300 Base
Mar 14, 2010 | 1999 Buick Century
Feb 15, 2010 | 2005 Acura MDX
May 17, 2009 | 2006 Nissan Titan
May 06, 2009 | 1999 Ford Explorer
Aug 08, 2013 | Motorcycles
985 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: