Question about 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
2006 vtx won't start, you turn on the key the lights come on and all the lights on the tank are on push the start button turns over good I have good spark and good fuel flow but will not fire @
Hi, Cpropesandpi and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
What Do Check When My Motorcycle Won Start Honda Shadow Forums Shadow...
Honda VTX1300S Service Manual
Honda 2007 VTX1300S Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Dec 07, 2017
SOURCE: 1997 cb500 won't start
finally sorted when I replaced both plugs. I've never come across one failing instantly before in 30 years of motorcycling (maybe that's because I ride old bm's!)
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
SOURCE: honda cbr 600 wont start
hi, each lead has the specific number on it. if you do this correctly then they genrally give you an idea to where the sit in the coils( the way they bend :-) ) also i believe the coils are better off been attached to the frame once you are sure leads are in corect order and possitioned correctly in the coils.i just presumed the coils neaded earthing. make sure battery is pleny charged as a bad battery can just hinder. it is also very easy to flood the bike so just check the plugs again. if they are unusually wet then dry them off and try again . otherwise maybe try cleaning all electics.
hope this somehow helped
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
SOURCE: i have no working headlights and my bike wont start with the push button but will start and run with a push i checked all fuses and connections i could find all are good any suggestions thank you
Headlights and, starter motors require more amps (power) than the blinkers and, taillights
so: jump your battery before you tear into the wiring
If it still doesn't start or, light up
I'll help you troubleshoot the wiring
Posted on May 24, 2009
AGREED, had the same problem; hesitation, skipping, popping at low speeds. Ran good w/ new plugs for short time. tried injector cleaner. No FI codes. Dealer couldn't figure it out after $200! I replaced the $26 fuel pressure regulator and she runs Great!!
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2018 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 R
Sep 26, 2014 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300
Apr 08, 2013 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 C
Nov 15, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 R
May 04, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 R
Dec 14, 2010 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Sep 01, 2009 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Feb 25, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: