Question about 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
I need to know the standard settings on a 600 Kawasaki ninja zx6r for carb @
Hi, Terrytingle7 it should be noted that the "AIR FUEL" mixture screw adjustment "ONLY" manages your idle and has no effect on any other circuit also any intake leaks must be repaired before the A/F adjustment procedure can be performed otherwise you will never obtain a proper idle and you will waste a lot of time chasing the impossible. The A/F mixture screw's purpose is to fine tune the fuel charge entering the combustion chamber. The following applies to both 2 and 4 stroke engines:
1. The mixture screw may be sealed at the factory with a Welch Plug please review the following video for removal.
2. The mixture screw manages a range of 3 complete 360-degree counterclockwise turns from the bottom/closed position.
3. The mixture screw should have a spring and o-ring for tension and sealing integrity.
4. Turn the mixture screw clockwise until it gently bottoms out, this makes the fuel charge very lean and the engine should not idle if it does then the pilot/idle jet is too big and needs to be replaced with the next size smaller.
5. Turn the mixture screw 1 and 1/2 turns counterclockwise to establish a baseline for starting the engine.
6. To fine-tune the idle circuit, adjust the mixture screw 1/4 turn in or out to achieve maximum idle RPM, wait 15 seconds between each adjustment for the idle to settle.
7. Never go past 3 full turns out this will make the fuel charge rich, foul plugs, and produce black smoke out of the exhaust, if the engine RPM keeps increasing past 3 turns the pilot/idle jet is too small and needs to be replaced with the next size larger.
8. After achieving maximum idle back out the mixture screw another 1/8 of a turn then adjust the throttle cable idle stop screw to 950-1050 RPM.
9. This procedure works great on 99% of all engines, for the 1% that demand a more robust throttle response on aftermarket monster fuel delivery systems additional tweaking outside the box may be necessary.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
1998 ZX6R Stock Carb Settings KawiForums Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums
Kawasaki 1985 ZX600 Service And Repair Manual
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
Kawasaki Ninja Owners Manuals
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Mar 24, 2018
you want what kind of suspension settings?
suspension front and rear are both tunable to riders weight and riding style. if you think it's too soft, stiffen it up and vise vesa
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
Cam chain replacement is a bit complex for a beginner. I don't recommend it. However, I would suggest the best way is to have a service manual at hand. Go to this site and you can download a free PDF service manual.www.carlsalter.com/motorcycle-manuals.asp
The 2005 manual (4th from the bottom), is 11MB. You can go with the '05 manual as the service proceedure is the same as the 1998. The 2002 manual is 80 MB (scanned differently).
Go to the site below where you can see a parts diagram for your specific bike. You will select the actual brand, year, model, etc., once you go to the site. Part numbers and prices are also shown. You can order parts from this site. In the event no price is shown on a particular part and/or the notation "Not Available" is in the description, the part is not in stock. www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrandand/parts.aspx
Can I get a “very helpful” rating on this answer?
Posted on Aug 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2014 | 2000 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Apr 22, 2014 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Nov 26, 2013 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Nov 23, 2013 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Mar 27, 2013 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jul 07, 2012 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 06, 2012 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Jul 13, 2011 | 2001 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
May 12, 2010 | 1997 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
Dec 27, 2009 | 1999 kawasaki ZX-6R Ninja
287 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: