Question about 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Weak engine spark not enough to start @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Faulty run/off switch
11. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
12. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2003 KX250 with no spark
Madass No Spark Test Part 1 wmv
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
2003 Kawasaki KX250 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Mar 04, 2018
Your main jet is clogged it is located underneath the carb bowl remove the bolt and than use a regular screw driver to unscrew the jet and inspect it use a fine wire to poke it threw and carb cleaner.reinstal dont tightin the jet too tight.That should do it.If it doesnt let me know Ill explore other Ideas with [email protected]
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
possible bad rings allowing excessive oil seep up and wash spark out on next fire. do a compression check, ck for proper spark, and fuel....hope this helps
Posted on Sep 13, 2009
Testimonial: "cheers i will compresion test and let you know"
SOURCE: HOW DO I SHIFT A 2003 KX 250
pull your clutch in on the left handlebar push the shifter lever down and let you clutch out slowly while giveing the bike a lil bit of gas. But if you don't know how to ride i wouldn't be jumping on a kx 250
Posted on Sep 20, 2009
Testimonial: "yeah i thank you for your help i was in a n military accident and i have abd memory i know how to ride i just can remember the shift pattern"
there is the problem in the clutch plates kindly remove it by the new one otherwise it will leads to the choking of engine
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2014 | 2005 kawasaki KX 250
Jan 01, 2014 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
May 28, 2012 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
May 02, 2012 | 2003 kawasaki KX 125
Apr 22, 2012 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Jan 10, 2012 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Sep 20, 2010 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Mar 04, 2010 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Oct 08, 2009 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Sep 13, 2009 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
331 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: