Question about 2003 kawasaki KX 250
2002 Kawasaki kx250 won't start I think im not getting fire to the spark plug is there a fuse for the elec. system thanks Scott @
Hi, Scott_alliso and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
17. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
18. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
19. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
20. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
21. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
22. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
23. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
24. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
25. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
kx 250 will not start
help kx250 wont start
OEM Parts for Kawasaki
2002 Kawasaki KX250 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Mar 04, 2018
Hello. Get a can of starter fluid and a helper. Have the helper squirt some starter fluid into the air intake area while u start it. then use starter fluid to keep it running until it runs on its own. If this does not do it, you will probably have to rebuild the carburator. Joe
Posted on Apr 20, 2010
Have you checked all your safety switches? Kill switch, kickstand switch, neutral switch? What do the plugs look like---are they wet and smell like gas? Are you getting a nice blue spark across the electrode? Troubleshoot the basic stuff first to eliminate those possibilites.
Posted on Jul 07, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2015 | 2006 kawasaki KX 250
Jun 24, 2014 | kawasaki KX 250 Motorcycles
May 23, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Apr 15, 2012 | kawasaki Motorcycles
Jul 22, 2011 | 2005 kawasaki KX 250
Feb 18, 2011 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Sep 20, 2010 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Sep 13, 2010 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
Jul 15, 2010 | kawasaki KX 250 Motorcycles
May 16, 2010 | 2003 kawasaki KX 250
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: