Question about 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
1) Make sure your fuel petcock is closed, then detach the gas line coming off it (left underside of tank)
2) Remove the back seat (single acorn nut on rear fender)
3) Remove the front seat (two allen bolts at the back of seat)
4) There are two metric 12mm bolts under the front seat that hold the tank down. Remove them. The tank should be sitting loose on bike, but connected by some wires
5) Disconnect the white wiring harness under the bike. Tank is now totally free to remove.
6) Pull tank up and back at the same time, it will slide off the two rubber mounts at the front.
Posted on Mar 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2014 | 2002 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Aug 18, 2010 | 2001 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jul 19, 2010 | 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Nov 28, 2009 | 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
4,396 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: