Question about Power Motorcycles
1987 venture royale 1300. There is no power when the key is turned to the on position. I did check for power out of the main fuse. Yes, it is there. @
Hi, Douggofton before testing any electrical component in the Starting Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Engine Run Switch is "FAULTY" or corroded.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
5. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
6. FOB battery low or dead.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
8. Faulty starter button.
9. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
10. Security alarm needs a reset.
11. Starter relay, solenoid, starter motor or circuit wiring faulty.
12. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
13. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
14. Faulty ignition relay.
15. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
16. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Dec 02, 2019
The switch needs some rubbing alcohol poured in to rid corrosion. But it cud also be worn..take it out n inspect. Buy a bike shopbook
Posted on Oct 15, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There is a tiny switch at the clutch lever housing assembly, the wires that are on tht switch may hve been distrubed unknowingly whilst you were refitting the cable.
Not bad too if you can check the switch which has a tiny protusion towards the clutch lever, it may probabley need a little adjusting or cleaning,spray some WD40 to it.
To access it from the lever side , it would be best to remove the clutch lever.
Hope this helps!
Posted on Jul 14, 2009
On left hand side, remove rear foot board and plastic cover ,you may remove battery and in behind their is a block which has 2 - 30 amp fufuses . That is your solution . Check and replace as required.
Posted on Feb 06, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2018 | Yamaha Royal Star Venture Motorcycles
Jun 16, 2015 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Sep 19, 2014 | 1999 Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A
May 16, 2014 | 2010 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S
Sep 22, 2013 | 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
May 28, 2012 | 1997 Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A
Oct 31, 2011 | 1998 Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A
Apr 15, 2010 | 2004 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
Apr 09, 2009 | 2005 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: