Question about Motorcycles
Hi, I have a 50cc Benzhou Mahaz with only 8k on the clock. my problem is it wont run when its raining what could be possibly wrong with it @
Hi, Lee moisture, condensation, rain, or bike washing can make the bike run sluggish, not able to rev, and misfire. Older bikes, engine configuration, and exposed electrical components are at the front of the line for acting up. During the diagnostic procedure spray Electrical Contact Cleaner on corroded wire connectors/pins/sockets etc. and apply a liberal amount of "DIELECTRIC" grease to the mating harness/wire connectors. WD40 works great for eliminating suspect areas in your quest to find the real offending gremlin.
For additional insurance you can spray a High Temp Clear Coat on the most vulnerable areas it will work like Scotch Guard does on fabric. Fabricate a rubber or plastic splash guard to deflect water coming off the front wheel getting to the front cylinder spark plugs. The design should be adequate for its purpose with the least amount of airflow restriction to cool the cylinders. The usual suspects are:
1. Air filter soaked with water.
2. Water in the fuel system gas tank and carburetors.
3. Wet ignition coil packs.
4. Spark plug boots wore out or loose allowing water to enter.
5. Spark plug cables old and cracked check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Spark plug wells filled up and drain holes clogged.
7. Water in a wire harness that has exposed open ends and have a sharp bend or crimp allowing the liquid to form its own pool of potential threats to chaffed wiring.
8. Sensitive fuel tuners and downloaded ECM remaps may get confused with the abnormal cylinder temperature difference in a V-4 engine configuration.
9. Fuel injected bikes need to have the electrical connectors removed and sprayed with contact cleaner then blown dry and checked for continuity with a test light or multimeter, then treated with Dielectric Grease.
If your bike will not run right or even start after going through the checklist, despair not, letting it sit for a couple of days in a warm environment is like an eviction notice for the Gremlins and then your bike will be back to its old self. You can speed up this process by using forced air to dry out electrical connections.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Scoot wont start after rain
Posted on Jun 18, 2019
Hi, Debbie it's probably electrical an ignition coil or CDI box is getting wet check all your wire connectors to these components for corrosion and clean as necessary also use some dielectric grease on the pins and after connector is back together, spray with Scotch Guard for this scenario you will need your service/owners manual if you can't find the first and best tool you ever bought for your Derbi, despair not, for a mere $0 you can download another one. For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
cutting out in the rain
Derbi GP1 50 cc Workshop Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 12, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2018 | Motorcycles
Jul 27, 2018 | 2007 Aprilia Scarabeo 50 Street
Jul 22, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 11, 2014 | Intermatic & Indoor/Outdoor Rain Tight...
May 28, 2017 | Star 50cc MOTOR SCOOTER
Sep 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
May 30, 2009 | Intermatic & Indoor/Outdoor Rain Tight...
May 06, 2017 | 1998 Toyota Celica
19 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: