Question about Suzuki Motorcycles
Check for a thermostat. It may have jammed shut. also check your oil level.
Posted on May 03, 2019
• Place the front fork vertically without spring.
• Compress it fully.
• Pour specified front fork oil up to the top level of the outer
Capacity (each leg): 490 ml (16.6/17.3 US/lmp oz)
99000-99044-L01: SUZUKI FORK OIL L01
or an equivalent fork oil
• Move the inner rod slowly with the special tool ten times and
more until no more bubbles come out from the oil.
09940-52841: Inner rod holder
Refill front fork oil up to the top of the outer tube so that bubbles
are visible while bleeding air.
• Refill specified front fork oil up to the top level of the outer
tube again. Move the outer tube up and down several strokes
until no more bubbles come out from the oil.
• Keep the front fork vertically and wait 5 – 6 minutes.
* Always keep oil level over the cartridge top end, or air may
enter the cartridge during this procedure.
* Take extreme care so as to pump out air completely.
• Hold the front fork vertically and adjust fork oil level with the
When adjusting the fork oil level, compress the outer tube fully
without the fork spring.
Fork oil level: 153 mm (6.02 in)
09943-74111: Front fork oil level gauge
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
SOURCE: Gas leake from Air vent
If you mean that fuel runs out of one of the vent lines, note that one of those lines is for overflow from the carb bowl. If this is what is happening, you might have corrosion or dirt making your float needle stick, and overflow fuel to that carb. It needs to be cleaned out by removing the bowl, float and float needle.
Posted on Sep 06, 2010
when you had the head gaskets replaced did they check to see if the head was warped? that could be a cause , also, and cheaper,, check the thermostat ,, they go bad,, and are a simple fix, just be sure to install them spring towards the motor , not the hose , also, while watching the motor, raise the RPM's and check to see that a hose isn't sucking to a flat position restricting water flow,
Posted on Jul 22, 2011
Testimonial: "Thanks!! "
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2013 | 2003 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Oct 18, 2012 | 2004 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Mar 14, 2011 | 2003 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
151 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!