Question about 2001 Suzuki SV 650 S
2001 Suzuki SV650S-LOST KEY. Removing yoke to replace the ignition cylinder, but the forks are locked. How can I remove the fork lock and/or the yoke or get a key to fit the original lock? NO KEY-can't switch the ignition to on or access. No pin sticking out of the bottom of the cylinder. @
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2018 | 2000 Suzuki VL 1500 Intruder LC
Aug 27, 2014 | Motorcycles
Jun 21, 2014 | 2002 Suzuki SV 650
Apr 08, 2014 | 2002 Harley Davidson FXDL Dyna Low Rider
Jan 27, 2012 | Motorcycles
Here's the procedure to remove the IGNITION /LIGHT KEY SWITCH AND FORK LOCK for a 2005 FLHT/C/U or FLTR (Domestic): Tools needed for removing ignition switch A T27 Torx, a small flat blade screwdriver, 7/8 wrench.
1. Remove the outer fairing and windshield
2. To remove the ignition switch, insert the ignition switch key and turn to the UNLOCK position. Leaving the key installed, rotate the knob to ACCESS. Depressing the release button at bottom (left side) with a small screwdriver, push key down and turn an additional 60 degrees in a counter-clockwise direction. Lift and remove knob.
3. Using a 7/8 wrench on flats, loosen switch nut and remove from threaded post of ignition switch housing. Remove collar and spacer.
4. Using a T27 TORX drive head, remove the two screws (with flat washers) that secure fairing cap to left and right sides of fairing.
5. Remove the switch position plate by pulling tabs from slots in faring cap. If necessary, raise the fairing cap slightly to facilitate removal.
6. With the forks turned fully to the left, disconnect the Fairing cap switch connector (105) 12-place Multilock (black), from behind right side of fairing cap. Depress the button on the plus side of the connector to pull apart the pin and socket halves.
7. Remove the fairing cap from the motorcycle.
8. Locate the ignition switch connector (33), 4-place Packard, at bottom of radio. Slide connector off anchor and separate pin and socket halves.
9. Remove the socket screws (with flat washers) and lift the switch housing from the upper fork bracket bore. Route the ignition switch connector to rear of inner fairing and remove switch housing from the vehicle.
Sep 19, 2011 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 08, 2011 | kawasaki GT650R TTC Motorcycles
Aug 09, 2010 | 1996 Suzuki LS 650 Savage
Mar 12, 2010 | 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
Mar 15, 2009 | 2003 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder
Apr 23, 2012 | 2001 Suzuki SV 650 S
414 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: