1996 750 katana suzuki how to set floats?
- Now days some carburetors are produced which are fixed and no adjustment is provided.The float is made up of whole plastic like material.
Some floats have the copper/metal notch for the adjustment of fuel level.
- Take the carburetor assembly out.
- Remove the fuel bowls.
- Place the carburetor assembly with the floats upward towards yourself.
- Float level gauge and active data list (taken from the workshop manual) is required to carry out the adjustment. But you can simply adjust the float level correctly without any gauge.
- Hold the carburetor assembly at your eye level in such a way that the carburetor No. 1 is in front of you. Behind is No. 2 carburetor, then behind is No. 3 and then the No. 4. Or we can say that the carburetor No. 1 hides the carburetors 2, 3, and 4.
- Examine carefully the floats of all the individual carburetors be parallel to the surface of the carburetor where the float bowl face is seated and tightened.
- Adjust the float level by bending the float notch towards the needle valve (to decrease the float level and to raise the float) or away from the needle valve to increase the float level (to lower the float).