Question about 2002 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Meanstreak
My 2002 mean streak is missing backfiring and going dead and the gauge lights are blinking whats wrong @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Carburetor has oil in the bowl due to excessive oil in pre-mix.
14. Carburetor vacuum diaphragm torn, cracked, not seated or installed improperly.
15. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
16. Fuel filter clogged.
17. Old or contaminated fuel.
18. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
19. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
20. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
21. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
22. Incorrect valve timing.
23. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
24. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
25. Incompatible performance parts.
26. The control module may be in "LIMP" mode
27. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2003 meanstreak rear cylinder backfilre and misfire Kawasaki Vulcan Forum...
Kawasaki VN1500 MEAN STREAK Service Manual
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Mean Streak Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Apr 19, 2018
Its Starter relay may be causing main problem. You can try Yezdis starter relay as it can help you solving your problem
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
check starter solenoid.see if getting power to starter side when pressing button .if yes check if power to starter w/ test light when pressing button.if power there check starter,also motor, will it turn manually or is it seized.if no power to starter side of solenoid, jump across solenoid posts w/ a large screwdriver -motor will probaly turn over,w/ key on.if small wire to solenoid has power when pressing start,solenoid bad,if no power, wiring or start button bad.
Posted on Feb 16, 2009
Hi Des, Im am Irish too, howya doin? The oil you want is SAE 10W-20. and 445ml if you are changing the oil. It can be more accurately checked with the fork removed and fully compressed and the spring removed, the oil will be 120mm from the top ot the stanchion.
The manual will give you more info on this and any other future problems so here is a link to it. Good luck to ya, and please rate me if I've helped you. Thanks
Posted on Jul 05, 2009
SOURCE: 2002 Kawasaki VUlcan Mean Streak
Hi can you just try something for me leave the fuel filler cap off and then start the bike and see if it will run properly if it does then this means your breather is blocked now this could be the cap itself or you may have seperate breather but well discuss more when we narrow it down a bit, if it makes no difference then the chances are you have a blocked fuel filter.
let me know what happens ok
Posted on Oct 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2016 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Aug 10, 2015 | Buick Cars & Trucks
Jan 14, 2015 | 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
Aug 03, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 20, 2013 | 2002 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Meanstreak
Dec 08, 2010 | 2000 Mercury Cougar
Nov 03, 2017 | 2002 Isuzu Axiom
Jun 08, 2010 | 2002 kawasaki VN 1500 Vulcan Meanstreak
Mar 29, 2010 | 2003 Ford Expedition
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: