I need to know the oil capacity of the front forks on my 1999 Suzuki Marauder VZ800.
• Place the front fork vertically without spring.
• Compress it fully.
• Pour specified front fork oil up to the top level of the outer
Capacity (each leg): 490 ml (16.6/17.3 US/lmp oz)
99000-99044-L01: SUZUKI FORK OIL L01
or an equivalent fork oil
• Move the inner rod slowly with the special tool ten times and
more until no more bubbles come out from the oil.
09940-52841: Inner rod holder
Refill front fork oil up to the top of the outer tube so that bubbles
are visible while bleeding air.
• Refill specified front fork oil up to the top level of the outer
tube again. Move the outer tube up and down several strokes
until no more bubbles come out from the oil.
• Keep the front fork vertically and wait 5 – 6 minutes.
* Always keep oil level over the cartridge top end, or air may
enter the cartridge during this procedure.
* Take extreme care so as to pump out air completely.
• Hold the front fork vertically and adjust fork oil level with the
When adjusting the fork oil level, compress the outer tube fully
without the fork spring.
Fork oil level: 153 mm (6.02 in)
09943-74111: Front fork oil level gauge
Dec 18, 2009 |
1998 Suzuki VZ 800 Marauder