Question about Qianjiang QJ150 Motorcycles
Hi, Edward and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Improper valve clearance (too tight)
17. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
18. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
19. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
20. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
21. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
22. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
23. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
24. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
25. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
26. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
27. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Aug 09, 2020
Hi, did you charge the batteries for at least 8 hours? Make sure that your charger has a RED Light When you plug it in, You should see Green light in 4-8 hours depending on the Batteries.
Secondly Your scooter batteries were dead when you got the Scooter, Judging from the fact you didn't get a Charger with it. I would recommend getting a voltmeter and checking the battery voltages. If the voltage is 11-12 volts, then you need new batteries. If this doesn't work check that fuse on the scooter it could be blown.
Posted on May 13, 2009
Start by checking to make sure the kill switch is set to "run", as nothing will start the bike if it's "off". And that all the fuses are good. (There should only be two)
Just like a no start problem with a car, it's going to be one of the big three: Fuel, Air or Spark. You can start by removing the spark plug and checking for spark by holding the plug with the plug wire attached, in a gloved hand, near to a part of the frame and turning the engine over. Be aware that it will shock you, if you are not careful.
If no spark, the Stator/ magneto (alternator), Capacitor Discharged Ignition or CDI (timing), or Regulator/Rectifier (voltage control and conversion) could be faulty, and there are no real good tests for these other than using another scooter that works, changing out the parts and rechecking.
If you do have spark, check the fuel by removing the air filter and spraying a small amount of starting fluid into the air intake. Please note however that these scooters require an exact airflow and the bike may not run or idle without it's filter.
Did you clean out the carburetor, or dump the float bowl? If so, it can take a ton of cranking from the engine to put out enough vacuum to draw gas back in. Starting fluid can sometimes get the carb to fire enough to start the engines vacuum.
And if that didn't work, air could be the problem. These Chinese scooters usually don't have many vacuum lines, there is one on the fuel pump, and one on the carb.There is a choke on the carb, but it is electronic and should be self adjusting, requiring no maintenance.
Posted on Jan 10, 2010
The Madrid scooter is a Shoprider scooter. The controller can be repaired by calling 800-798-0325 (Monster Scooter Parts). If you open the controller there are 2 fuses inside which are replaceable and may be the cause of the problem. I have attached a link to the service manual available for download. Refer to Page 14-15 for specific controller info.
Posted on Aug 05, 2012
SOURCE: 2012 Velocity 150cc MP 150-6..
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Scooter Troubleshooting Scooter won start All about Scooters
The Ultimate GY6 Starter Ignition Troubleshooting Tutorial
Scooter Parts Absolutely Scooters Supply Parts for Chinese Scooters
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Oct 04, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2018 | Motorcycles
Oct 09, 2014 | Motorcycles
Sep 22, 2013 | 2000 Bajaj Chetak 150
Aug 25, 2012 | 2005 Aprilia Leonardo 125
Aug 08, 2011 | 2008 Peugeot Vivacity 50 Motorsport
Feb 14, 2010 | 1994 Lincoln Town Car
Oct 23, 2009 | 2005 Honda CG 150 Titan KS
Jul 04, 2009 | 2005 Honda CRF 150 F
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: