Question about 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
Engine will turn , but will not fire
Hi, Tim and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery, you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Troubleshooting bike that will crank but won start
OEM parts for Yamaha
YAMAHA XV1900A Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jan 11, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2014 | 1993 Mazda 323
Apr 24, 2014 | 1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager
Feb 01, 2013 | 1994 Honda Accord
Rechk plugs firing order. chk soliniod and coil r ok, rechk fuel is getting into engine- choking usually determines that, u can smell the over choked engine. I f engine turning & choked hold throtel to floor while cranking and leave there until it fires. if no firing happends it must be electrical. rechk electrical connections. Cheers
Sep 06, 2012 | 1989 Nissan Pathfinder
Aug 29, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 04, 2010 | 1995 Mazda 626
May 12, 2010 | 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Dec 15, 2008 | 1992 Jaguar XJ6
496 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: