Question about 2009 Keeway Superlight 125
I have a keeway superlight 125cc. there is no power to the ignition switch and the ignition light on the speedo does'nt light up. the headlights, indicators, horn etc all work and the battery is new. Jim @
Hi, James before testing any electrical component in the Starting Circuit it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Engine Run Switch is "FAULTY" or corroded.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
5. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
6. FOB battery low or dead.
7. Faulty ignition switch.
8. Faulty starter button.
9. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
10. Security alarm needs a reset.
11. Starter relay, solenoid, starter motor or circuit wiring faulty.
12. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
13. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
14. Faulty ignition relay.
15. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
16. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Oct 04, 2019
SOURCE: keeway superlight 125 adjusments
Pull the slide out of the carb then move the clip on the jet needle down one or two notches. This will richen the low range fuel mix. You can also get a rear sprocket with about 4 more teeth. This will get you off the line and out of the corners faster BUT it will also lower your top speed.
Please rate this solution. Thanks supergunner!
Posted on Apr 17, 2009
Go to: http://keewaysuperlight.blogspot.com/ and you will see how to repair your Keeway Superlight panels with pictures and instructions.
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Hi,,,you can change the front sprocket to a bigger one(more teeth) or change the rear sprocket to one with less teeth.
the front is the cheapest option and changing one tooth on the front is equivelent to 3 on the rear.
Posted on Mar 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2018 | 2007 Keeway Superlight 125
Feb 21, 2018 | Keeway Motorcycles
Feb 17, 2018 | 2009 Keeway Superlight 125
Jun 23, 2016 | Motorcycles
Apr 23, 2014 | 2007 Keeway Superlight 125
Aug 05, 2013 | Keeway Matrix 150 Motorcycles
Mar 27, 2013 | 2008 Keeway Superlight 125 II
Mar 24, 2011 | 2008 Keeway Superlight 125 II
Mar 13, 2009 | 2008 Keeway Superlight 125 II
Jul 07, 2020 | Derbi Motorcycles
Oct 26, 2013 | Motorcycles
80 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: