Question about 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
My dt125 starts but when I put it in gear it cuts out the bike starts but cuts out when put into gear can anyone tell me how to solve this @
SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE THE SAFETY SWITCH FOR THE KICK STAND ,IF THE SWITCH HAS BEEN DAMAGED IT WILL START UP FINE AND WHEN PUT IN TO GEAR AND CLUTCH IS RELEASED IT WILL DIE.(This is a safety feature)
If that don't fix,Please post back
Please rate this fixya solution
Posted on Jan 23, 2009
Thairs a small conector under the seat if its unpluged it will start but wont go in gear without cutting out or the stand switch ?
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
Hi, Andersoundts and the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty wiring to any safety switch.
2. Safety switches loose at the mounting point.
3. Faulty kickstand safety switch.
4. Failed kickstand safety switch circuit diode.
5. Stretched side stand spring.
6. Side stand not coming up far enough to disengage switch.
7. Faulty clutch lever safety switch.
8. Faulty neutral safety switch.
9. Clutch not properly adjusted.
10. Clutch plates sticking, forward lurch
For more information about your question and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Feb 10, 2020
My dt125 x sm 2007 starts but when i put it in gear it cuts out
Posted on Jan 31, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2014 | 2000 Suzuki XF 650 Freewind
May 20, 2014 | Motorcycles
May 16, 2014 | Motorcycles
Jan 18, 2014 | 2004 Yamaha DT 125 R
Nov 02, 2012 | 2002 Yamaha DT 125 R
Jul 31, 2017 | 1988 kawasaki GPz 1000 RX
Mar 03, 2011 | 2004 Yamaha DT 125 R
Aug 04, 2009 | 2004 Yamaha DT 125 R
Jan 24, 2009 | 2000 Yamaha DT 125 R
Feb 16, 2020 | Motorcycles
653 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: