Question about Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S Motorcycles
It's been working fine for 10 months up to now.
1) Most photocell timers have 1 year limited warranty, but unclear who carries warranty without knowing brand.
Do not buy expensive timers with photoeye unless purchased at local store where ez exchange can be made for several years.
Copy following link to help identify timer:
2) Buy Intermatic-Malibu power pack with 5 year limited warranty:
3) Set power pack to ON position (or override position) and then plug power pack into cheap 3-prong wall timer, for example timer with optional dawn-dusk or remote control sold at Lowes and Home Depot.
4) Add comment and describe timer in detail for more possible help
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gene_9f0ef4df2f9897e7
Posted on Dec 27, 2012
The specs you wrote above are for high voltage.
125 vac = 125 volts alternating current = high voltage
250 vac = 250 volts alternating current = high voltage
110 v = 110 volts alternating current = high voltage
110 v is just another name for 125 vac -- it's called the "nominal" voltage.
So, the answer is yes, this timer can be used for "110 volt lights".
A 60 watt incandescent bulb pulls 1/2 amp when connected to 120 volts -- the spec for your timer looks like is 20 amps @ 125 volts tungsten (tungsten is the filament in incandescent light bulbs) --
I say looks like 20 amps because it's not clear which amperage goes with which voltage. Here are both calculations:
- 10 amps divided by 1/2 = 20 bulbs
- if it's 20 amps: 20 amps divided by 1/2 = 40 bulbs.
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
I think you can add any Malibu 12V lights rated for the 300 W power pack. Make sure that the total output stays below the 300W limit.
http://www.malibulights.com/ and click on Products and the different available lights will be detailed with the voltage and wattage.
You just have to click on the category, then the specific light and Product details.
This tier light would be acceptable http://www.malibulights.com/Products/Detail.aspx?category=Low+Voltage+Lighting&subcategory=Tier+Lights&sku=8301-9200-01&series=TIR-2009-1&seriesname=Cast%20Metal%20Tier%20Light&id=195
This flood light can also be put on the system
I hope this helps.
Posted on May 10, 2010
1) Contact malibu lights directly.
Their site does not acknowledge TDC PTST-30012, so I cannot access a manual with best information.
Their products come with a warranty.
2) If unit can be set to override, you can buy cheap photo eye timer, and then plug power pack into cheap timer, but there is no guarantee this will work, or that power pack will burn out.
3) Buy ordinary power pack with dial-type timer, and then buy photo eye that fits.
4) As electrician, I would not buy anything that costs more than $15 that comes with built-in photo eye that cannot be replaced.
Especially something as buggy as a low voltage power pack.
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
SOURCE: outdoor cfl lights come on
I don't have repair for defective product.
Two cfl lights will not exceed load rating of photo-eye
1) Put black tape over photo eye and see if lights turn off. Do not expose photo eye to direct sunlight. Turn photo eye away from possible source of light at night.
2) Wiring is suspect.
Open following link:
3) Reversed polarity is next suspect.
Cable from breaker box has black, white and ground wires.
Separate wires, turn power ON, stand on dry boards and never on dirt or ground, do not lean or touch anything: test each wire to bare ground wire. Tester lights up on Hot wire. Tester should light up one-and-only one wire as Hot. Hot wire connects to photo-eye black wire.
Next, test Hot wire to other wire and tester will light up on neutral. Photo-eye white wire connects to Neutral.
4) Short to ground. Disconnect ground wire and see if there is a short running back to busbar that is completing circuit.
5) K4100 series is rated for ballast. Replace CFLs with regular light bulb and see if there is difference.
This should not be the factor, so add a comment if you discover this photo eye cannot handle CFLs.
6) Contact Intermatic.
Posted on Aug 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Feb 10, 2013 | 2002 Dodge Neon
Dec 03, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 03, 2012 | 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Mar 29, 2012 | 2007 Chevrolet Impala LS Sedan New Cars
Oct 31, 2017 | Pyle PLAM1200 2-Channel Car Amp
Mar 26, 2010 | Schumacher 10 Amp Fully Automatic/Manual...
8,828 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!