Question about 2009 Harley Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic Electra Glide
How do you adjust the headlight?
Hi Larry, the correct procedure for adjusting a head light is as follows:
1. Verify correct tire inflation.
2. Place motorcycle on a level floor or pavement in an area with minimal light.
3. Point the front of the motorcycle towards a screen or wall witch is 25 feet from the axle of the front wheel.
4. Draw a horizontal line that is exactly the same height above the floor as the floor is to the center of the head light.
5. Have a person whose weight is roughly the same as that of the principal rider sit on the motorcycle seat. The weight of the rider will compress the suspension slightly.
6. Stand the motorcycle upright with both tires resting on the floor and with the front wheel held in straight alignment pointing forward.
7. Turn the Ignition/Light Key Switch to Ignition. Set the Light Switch on the left handlebar to High Beam.
8. Check the light beam for proper height alignment. The center of the main beam of light should be even with the horizontal line on the screen or wall.
9. Check the light beam for proper lateral alignment. The main beam of light should directed straight ahead i.e. equal area of light to the right and left of center.
10. The headlamp adjustment can be performed without removing the chrome ring. If the headlamp alignment requires adjustment use slots in the headlamp chrome ring to insert phillips screw driver between headlamp housing and rubber gasket. Turn the vertical adjustment screw as necessary to align the headlamp vertically. Turn the horizontal adjustment screw to adjust the headlamp horizontally. Good luck.
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 25, 2015
Turn the Bike on and the Radio off and then follow the buttons on the screen. Most people think you have to do it while it is running and this does not work
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
Drain the fuel either by siphening or removing the cross over tube at the front of the tank and letting it drain that way or just block off those cross over lines and leave the fule in the tank for removal.
0) remove seat
1) drain fuel
2) undo cross over line (bottom front of gas tank.
3) shut off pet **** and remove fuel line from pet ****.
4)there should only be 2 bolts holding the tank on, one at the top front of the tank and one at the back of the tank.
All in all a pretty easy (but possibloy messy) job.
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2014 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Sep 30, 2013 | 2011 Harley Davidson FLHTCUTG Tri Glide...
Mar 30, 2013 | 2010 Harley Davidson FLHTCUSE5 CVO Ultra...
Mar 19, 2013 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Apr 03, 2012 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jun 30, 2011 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Aug 23, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jul 29, 2010 | Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jun 26, 2010 | 2000 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
1,926 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: