Question about 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
2003 yamaha yz125
Hi, Ihyo and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enricher.
5. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
6. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
7. Fuel line to the carburetor or throttle body pinched or kinked.
8. Carburetor float stuck.
9. Fuel injectors clogged.
10. Severely discharged or damaged battery you need 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
11. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
12. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and CDI box.
Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
13. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty MAP, CKP, O2, TPS, sensors.
14. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
15. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
16. Faulty CDI box.
17. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
18. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
19. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
98 YZ 125 won start
yz 125 wont start
YAMAHA YZ125 Owner Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 22, 2017
SOURCE: yamaha yz125 wont start...
hello there guys, listen a top tip is when the engine's cold tip the bike almost right on its side nearly touching the floof, wait for the petrol to poor out of the carb over flow pipe, this should take a matter of a few seconds, stand the bike back up again and kick and that baby should start right up, if it does then you have a problem with your float, if it still doesn,t then take it to a shop and get them to check it out, hope this helps. regards sam
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
I don't have an exact for your model but resistance issue will be very easy to spot as when you test you will get usually zero as the reading if faulty
roughly speaking you would expect 240 - 380 and 720 - 1000 and 40 - 66 on the three pairs of wires coming direct from stator if you get zero as the reading on any of the 3 pairs then the stator is the fault... Rarely does the coil pack fault without impact or over heat but for the coil pack 0.08 - 0.10
let me know if you need clarification on testing ... Good luck!
Posted on Aug 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2014 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Jan 13, 2014 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Sep 12, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Jun 14, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Apr 30, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Apr 26, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Apr 22, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Apr 19, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Mar 17, 2012 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
154 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: