Question about 1986 Suzuki GSX 550 EF
.1986 Suzuki GSX 550 EF fork oil capacity @
Hi, Brian for this scenario you will need your service manual, parts fiche, and owners manual if you can't find the best tool you ever bought for your Suzuki, despair not, for a mere $15 you can download another one.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Apr 13, 2019
• Place the front fork vertically without spring.
• Compress it fully.
• Pour specified front fork oil up to the top level of the outer
Capacity (each leg): 490 ml (16.6/17.3 US/lmp oz)
99000-99044-L01: SUZUKI FORK OIL L01
or an equivalent fork oil
• Move the inner rod slowly with the special tool ten times and
more until no more bubbles come out from the oil.
09940-52841: Inner rod holder
Refill front fork oil up to the top of the outer tube so that bubbles
are visible while bleeding air.
• Refill specified front fork oil up to the top level of the outer
tube again. Move the outer tube up and down several strokes
until no more bubbles come out from the oil.
• Keep the front fork vertically and wait 5 – 6 minutes.
* Always keep oil level over the cartridge top end, or air may
enter the cartridge during this procedure.
* Take extreme care so as to pump out air completely.
• Hold the front fork vertically and adjust fork oil level with the
When adjusting the fork oil level, compress the outer tube fully
without the fork spring.
Fork oil level: 153 mm (6.02 in)
09943-74111: Front fork oil level gauge
Posted on Dec 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2015 | Suzuki GSX 550 ES Motorcycles
Sep 07, 2014 | 1988 Suzuki GSX 400 XS Impulse
Aug 06, 2012 | 2000 Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa
May 15, 2012 | 2003 Suzuki GSX 1300 R Hayabusa
Mar 14, 2012 | 2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
Oct 19, 2010 | 1986 Honda CBX 550 F-F2
Feb 18, 2010 | 1984 Suzuki GSX 550 EF
Oct 09, 2009 | 1985 Suzuki GSX 550 EF
Sep 24, 2009 | Yamaha Xv 250 Virago S Motorcycles
Aug 04, 2009 | 1985 Suzuki GSX 550 EF
May 30, 2020 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
May 26, 2020 | Motorcycles
390 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!