Question about 2006 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
How do you remove the fairing
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi Anonymous, for more information about your question please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice day.
Remove and install Harley Davidson Touring outer front fairing Law Abiding...
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jun 27, 2015
Drain the fuel either by siphening or removing the cross over tube at the front of the tank and letting it drain that way or just block off those cross over lines and leave the fule in the tank for removal.
0) remove seat
1) drain fuel
2) undo cross over line (bottom front of gas tank.
3) shut off pet **** and remove fuel line from pet ****.
4)there should only be 2 bolts holding the tank on, one at the top front of the tank and one at the back of the tank.
All in all a pretty easy (but possibloy messy) job.
Posted on Jun 06, 2009
Disconnect battery , remove the outer primary case, pull back the lock tab on the starter jackshaft, unbolt the retainer screw, then remove the two starter bolts from the right side, sometimes you need to loosen the oil tank mounts to get at these, slip the starter and coupler out as a unit, replace the coupler and jackshaft the same way they came out when the new starter goes in, install bolts , retighten the jackshaft bolt and bend over the retainer, install and fill primary case, connect battery thats it buddy
Posted on Oct 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 04, 2014 | Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jun 03, 2014 | Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
Jan 31, 2012 | Harley Davidson Motorcycles
Here's the procedure to remove the IGNITION /LIGHT KEY SWITCH AND FORK LOCK for a 2005 FLHT/C/U or FLTR (Domestic): Tools needed for removing ignition switch A T27 Torx, a small flat blade screwdriver, 7/8 wrench.
1. Remove the outer fairing and windshield
2. To remove the ignition switch, insert the ignition switch key and turn to the UNLOCK position. Leaving the key installed, rotate the knob to ACCESS. Depressing the release button at bottom (left side) with a small screwdriver, push key down and turn an additional 60 degrees in a counter-clockwise direction. Lift and remove knob.
3. Using a 7/8 wrench on flats, loosen switch nut and remove from threaded post of ignition switch housing. Remove collar and spacer.
4. Using a T27 TORX drive head, remove the two screws (with flat washers) that secure fairing cap to left and right sides of fairing.
5. Remove the switch position plate by pulling tabs from slots in faring cap. If necessary, raise the fairing cap slightly to facilitate removal.
6. With the forks turned fully to the left, disconnect the Fairing cap switch connector (105) 12-place Multilock (black), from behind right side of fairing cap. Depress the button on the plus side of the connector to pull apart the pin and socket halves.
7. Remove the fairing cap from the motorcycle.
8. Locate the ignition switch connector (33), 4-place Packard, at bottom of radio. Slide connector off anchor and separate pin and socket halves.
9. Remove the socket screws (with flat washers) and lift the switch housing from the upper fork bracket bore. Route the ignition switch connector to rear of inner fairing and remove switch housing from the vehicle.
Sep 03, 2011 | 2001 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI Electra Glide...
1. Remove maxi-fuse.
1. Remove left side saddlebag.
2. Gently pull side cover from frame downtubes (no tools
3. Depress latches on maxi-fuse holder and then slide
cover rearward to disengage tongue from groove in fuse
4. Pull maxi-fuse from maxi-fuse holder.
2. Place blanket or protective cover over front of fuel tank to
protect against scratches or other damage.
Remove the handlebar clamp
(FLHR/C/S), NACELLE REMOVAL (FLHR/C), steps 1-
11, or NACELLE REMOVAL (FLHRS), steps 1-7.
WINDSHIELD/HEADLAMP NACELLE (FLHR/C/S) 2.31
Standing at the front of the motorcycle,
use a finger to raise the wireform latch springs on
both sides of the windshield.
2. Gently pull on the top of the windshield until the upper
notches on the windshield brackets are free of the upper
3. Carefully raise the windshield until the lower notches are
free of the lower grommets.
4. Remove windshield from motorcycle.
WINDSHIELD INSTALLATIONTo avoid scratching headlamp nacelle or auxiliary lamp
bracket, be sure that all four notches on the windshield
brackets are firmly seated on a rubber grommet.
1. Standing at the front of the motorcycle, carefully insert
the windshield brackets between the headlamp nacelle
and the auxiliary lamp bracket. Lower the windshield into
position until the lower notches on the windshield brackets
are seated on the lower grommets.
2. Gently push the top of the windshield toward the rear
until the upper notches fully engage the upper grommets.
3. Push down on the wireform latch springs, so that they
overhang the rubber grommets. If some adjustment is
necessary, loosen the retaining screws and rotate the
latch springs into the proper position.
NACELLE REMOVAL (FLHR/C)
1. Remove the windshield. See WINDSHIELD REMOVAL
on this page.
2. Remove the Phillips screw at the bottom of the headlamp
door (chrome ring). Remove the headlamp door.
3. Remove the eight Phillips screws to free the headlamp
housing from the headlamp nacelle.
Remove the instrument nacelle.
UPPER FAIRING/WINDSHIELD (FLTR), INSTRUMENT
Remove the fairing cap.
Remove the outer fairing as follows:
a. Standing at the front of the vehicle, use a T27 TORX
drive head to remove the three outer fairing screws
(with flat washers) just below the windshield.
b. Moving to the inner fairing side, remove the two fairing
screws just above the wind deflectors on the left
and right side.
c. Turn the handlebar to the right and remove the outer
fairing screw reaching in below the left side of the
fairing cap. Turn the handlebar to the left and
remove the fairing screw below the right side of the
d. Tilting the outer fairing toward the front, squeeze the
two external tabs to remove the wire connector at
the back of the headlamp assembly.
e. Lift the fairing (with headlamp assembly) off the
motorcycle.Since the outer fairing screws hold the windshield in
place, the windshield may fall to the floor if not removed.
UPPER FAIRING/WINDSHIELD (FLHT/C/U), FAIRING
CAP, REMOVAL. Remove the radio (or storage box).
4. Remove the left and right handlebar switch controls..
5. Remove upper handlebar clamp screws (with flat washers).
Remove upper handlebar clamps and handlebar.
Just reverse for install. This is all from the maunual and I hope it helps you.
Nov 25, 2010 | 2005 Harley Davidson FLHTC - FLHTCI...
Jun 12, 2010 | 2005 kawasaki Z 750
May 02, 2010 | 1985 Yamaha FJ 1100
Mar 30, 2010 | 1990 kawasaki ZZR 1100
Mar 17, 2010 | 2004 Harley Davidson FLTRI Road Glide
225 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: