Question about 2009 Honda Ruckus
Why is my Honda ruckus acting like it is going to die when I try to accelerate? I give it gas but it does not accelerate and the engine struggles to rev up. Acts like it want's to die. @
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Idle port, transfer ports, slow air jet clogged.
2. Idle adjusting screw set too low.
3. Air fuel mixture adjustment too lean.
4. Pilot/slow fuel jet clogged.
5. Faulty accelerator pump.
6. Float level too low.
7. Float bowl contaminated old fuel, water, dirt, rust, etc.
8. Carburetor bowl vent line clogged/blocked/pinched.
9. Fuel line to carburetor kinked or pinched.
10. Fuel filter clogged.
11. Intake manifold leak.
12. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
13. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
14. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
15. Multi carburetors not in sync.
16. Faulty fuel pump or internal fuel line has pinholes.
17. Fuel injectors clogged or faulty.
18. Faulty throttle position sensor.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2006 Ruckus idles dies with throttle Ruckus Central
2009 Rebel 250 idles fine but dies with little throttle
Honda 2003 NPS50 Ruckus Service Manual
Honda 2015 Ruckus NPS50 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jan 02, 2018
Sounds like a loose piece of crud in the main jet. Have you had the jet and tube above it out? It could also be a spark problem. See if you have spark when it tries to die ( put a nail in the plug boot and get it sparking 1/4" or so to the plug at idle then rev it up, it should continue jumping. I think that bike will also have mechanical spark advance on the rotor on the end of the cam. If the springs are loose on that the spark timing will be all over the map and can make it run intermittantly.
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
i have a '98 f3 stuntbike. they are very tempermental with air intake. make sure your air filter is clean and induction to the engine not clogged.
Posted on May 10, 2010
This sounds like no fuel flow to your carb. I would proceed as follows:
Pull fuel hose from the inlet of the carb and see if you have flow, if not, check for plugged screens. While in this step, consider draining all fuel and replace with new fuel.
If you did have fuel flow, you will need to take the carb(s) apart and see what is wrong. Some times the float needle gets stuck and a moderate tap on the carb body with a screwdriver handle sometimes releases it, otherwise, you need to open the carb and look for gummed up orifaces and inlet valve issues.
Posted on Apr 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 24, 2018 | 2010 Honda Ruckus
Jul 03, 2017 | 2007 Honda Ruckus
Jun 01, 2016 | Motorcycles
Apr 25, 2016 | Honda Cars & Trucks
Feb 21, 2014 | 2008 Honda Ruckus
Dec 12, 2012 | 2009 Honda Ruckus
Jul 14, 2012 | 2006 Honda Big Ruckus
Jun 12, 2012 | 2009 Honda Ruckus
May 31, 2012 | 2008 Honda Ruckus
Apr 01, 2012 | 2010 Honda Ruckus
Oct 10, 2013 | Motorcycles
2,246 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: