Question about 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6
Hi, Axios_nt and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Tip over sensor needs a reset.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
10. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
11. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below. Good luck and have nice a day.
R6 wont start
Yamaha YZF R6T Supplementary Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Sep 20, 2016
SOURCE: my Yamaha maxam 250 2009
Hi, Thank you for contacting fixya.com. 46- Power supply to the FI system relay is not normal, It also says "faulty battery". Check the connections; your battery isn't dead is it?
probable cause of malfunction:
1. open circuit in wiring harness (red/white line )
2.malfunction in charging system
Red/red wire= between battery and main switch
brown/blue=between main switch and fuse
red /white=between fuse (ignition) and ECU
Please get back to us if you have further query else please accept the suggestion.
Thank you for contacting fixya.com.
46- Power supply to the FI system relay is not normal,
It also says "faulty battery". Check the connections; your battery isn't dead is it?
Posted on Jun 30, 2011
you can disconnect the battery to clear the codes. If I remember correctly the code 40 is indicating an open injector circuit. You might want to check that area as well as the service manual for more detail
Posted on Nov 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2016 | Yamaha Motorcycles
Jul 09, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 14, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha yZ 250 F
Oct 07, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha Fz600s Fz 600 S Fz6 Air Intake...
Sep 01, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha XT 660 R
Jun 15, 2012 | Yamaha GX-700 Shelf System
Nov 15, 2011 | Yamaha YZF-R6 Motorcycles
Jul 13, 2011 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R6
Oct 19, 2010 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
Dec 02, 2017 | Motorcycles
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: