20 Most Recent
- Page 3 Questions & Answers
Anyone know oil level in the 2005 rmz250 forks
unscrew the black colored screw, install in the engine side of your bike,,, wipe it with a cloth, reinstall it,, start your bike, for 2 minutes,, unscrew it it tell you the level of oil in your byk
Hard to start
fresh fuel, drain old out of system, clean air filter and fuel filter clean spark plugs and kill switch(use electric contact cleaner on switch.)if still hard to kick start clean the carbs out.if trash or water is in the system the jets and needle valves are probably dirty as well.
How do i remove the carb off my 2005 RMZ 250
hi, the easiest way is to remove the air box . then remove the throttle cables. undo the throttle position sensor. undo the front carb flange, pull the carb off. it should then come out of the left side of the frame.
2006 rmz250 When I torgue the cam bearing
Are you CERTAIN
the two cams have not been switched? Chances are there will be the letter "E" on the side of the exhaust cam gear and/or an "I" on the intake cam. The diagram below is for a WR250. I don't have a manual for an rmz250. Your cams are probably the same. Note that the caps should tighten to only 7.2 Ft lbs. (10nm / 1.0 m-kg ). Many other things could be wrong. Was the cam assembly removed incorrectly? Doing it incorrectly can damage the cam, cam caps and cylinder head. Is the cam runout out of specifications ( .0012 )? Are you using a standard torque pattern? ( Cris-cross from inside to outside ) for installing. The reverse when dis-assembling. It may be best to let the shop figure out the problem and do the repair on this one.
I have a carburator problem
If you purchased the bike used the previous owner may have modified it for an older carb. I would take the old carb to the shop where you bought the new one and see if they can match it up with a rebuild kit or an identical carb.
Just put new crank and bearings in 05' rmz250. Got
Did you forget the crankshaft seal or install the wrong part behind the flywheel? It should be replaceable when the flywheel is pulled. I'm not sure what that has to do with blue smoke coming out of the exhaust. Did you over-oil the rings when you put it together? The smoke may clear itself after running a while. Other than fouling the plug and alerting the EPA, it won't hurt it to smoke a little while. Did you check to see that the oil level in the crankcase was correct?
Cant get my 50cc scooter to fire up-no spark. any
- Do you see spark? If not, check the side stand kill switch. It kills the engine so that you don’t start out with the side stand down. If broken or out of adjustment, it would kill the spark. Check for a broken wire at the side stand switch and coupler. Try moving the side stand kill switch by hand. If that doesn’t work then wire a jumper around the switch to bypass it.
- Is the handlebar kill switch on? Is it shorted out?
- Check the fuses.
- Check the operation of the ignition switch and all kill switches with a volt ohmmeter. Check the wiring harness. Did a wire come unplugged? Are all wires clean and with solid connections? Any abraded or pinched wires?
- Is the bike in neutral and the neutral light is lit up? If no neutral light, check the neutral switch and neutral switch wire on center or side casing.
- If still no spark, get CDI system and coils checked at the dealers shop.
Starting a 2004 rmz250
get the thermal wrap under the gas tank then if you can afford it buy the new vortec clutch it helps with starting a four stroke
I don't know what may be wrong with the top end, (if anything), but I wish I could come up with a line of BS like these guys have. I could maybe get rich by constantly servicing just one bike. What happens when the bike "breaks down"? What does the shop say is wrong with the top end such that it needs to be rebuilt? What do they do to fix the breakdown each time? What do they charge you?
Get back to me by posting a comment.
The splines on the shifting rod could be worn or the shift lever itself could be loose causing the bike not to fully shift into gear.
If the problem is not that simple then you will have to go inside the gearbox and see if the shifter forks are worn.
Not finding what you are looking for?