20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
How do you change speedometer on 1989 flstc
I believe yours is a cable driven unit.
So, detach cable at speedo head (knurled nut), unplug any electrics (lighting), or remove light bulb sockets, unbolt old unit and remove.
Reverse to install new unit.
How to replace my speedometer on my 1989 harley softtail classic
1. Remove the Odometer screw and knob on the right side of the speedo
2. Unscrew the choke knob and locknut, remove the housing nut and pull the housing straight up to remove.
3. Replace the instrument by disconnecting the cable and mounting hardware.
hope this helps you out.
Need to change oil
About three quarts of 10 40 weight oil . Don't forget to change filter and check your site glass just to make sure your oil level is at the proper height
My back brakes go out at random times. There gone
There are two questions about the bike requesting resolvment, first how to fix malfunctioning breaks, second whether to fix by yourself or an expert professional?
Let me explain how the bike breaks functions?
1. Unless that bike breaks were physically broken in component parts, no parts would require replacement. However what makes the breaks appear malfunct? First, bike breaks are exposed parts to rain that causes squeekness or sunshine that produces wear and tear. Normally, bike parts are greased regularly especially with frequent weather conditions mentionable like rain, dust, as examples corosive particals. The bike requires regular greasing to prevent wear and tear on moving parts least thought that after several years breaks has occasional display of functionality.regular. It is possible that after several years of washing the bike depletes of grease that prevents friction however when depleted cause squeeking of least immediate grip.
1. The breaks are not broken, may require washing after which greasing to attain regular functionality. For example, inspect the bike breaks for wear and tear producing results whether would require new parts as owners judgement to satisfaction.
2. Deciding to repair the bike depends on the owners comfort at resolving mechanical devices. In a situation that the owner least is familiar with vehicle requires consulting with professional experts. For example, an expert becomes an alternative opinion to indentifying conditions especially with the skills of attainin regular functionality. refer with an expert as means of recapturing the bikes regular functional impressiveness.
MY SPEEDOMETER IS STUCK ON
First disconnect speedo cable from the back of the speedo,put your bike on centre stand then spin the front wheel while looking at inner cable to see if it rotates.
If it fails to rotate then cable is broken = replace with new one
If it turns fine then fault will be the speedo unit = replace with new speedo
My 02 gszr bucks or
I suggest you check the exhaust pipe on each cylinder when you start the bike in the morning. My guess is that one cylinder is not firing properly. The "cold" pipe is the bad cylinder. If you haven't done it already, stick in a set of new spark plugs. I am surprised that the fuel injection system isn't sending sending the " FI "signal. Is the air cleaner clean? Good gas?
Bought a 2002, 750 gsxr, rode it for an hour, then
sounds like the battery either not holding a charge start the bike run a multi meter across the battery whilst giving a few revs and it should read between 13 and 14 volts if it reads this then its dfinatly the battery but if the voltage does not go up with increased revs first thing would be the regulator rectifier last thing the most exspensive would be the alternator hope this helps
White smoke of the exhaust system why please
Constant smoke is bad piston rings. Smoking only when starting or pulling away from a stop sign is caused by bad valve guide seals. Below is a diagram of your engine. Please rate my answer. Thanks!
My fuel pump stays running when i just turn the
If the pump continues to run and floods the engine, the injector(s) are either being held open by a computer fault, or are not closing through mechanical failure in the injector(s). Unplug the electrical connection(s) on each injector, and see if the pump quits running. If it does, then there is a computer fault. If it continues to run, clean or replace the injector(s).
It wont start
not when it is sparking, fuel problem ,or timeing off hope this helps?
Not finding what you are looking for?