Keeway Motorcycles - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Keeway F-Act EVO 2014 Won't start
If you have verified that there is a spark, that the scooter is getting fuel, and that the starter motor is working, and the scooter is still not starting, there are a few other things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the ignition system to make sure it is functioning properly. This includes the ignition switch, the ignition coils, and the ignition timing.
- Check the compression in the engine. If the compression is low, it may be difficult for the engine to start.
- Check the valve clearance to make sure it is within the specified range. If the valve clearance is incorrect, it may affect the engine's ability to start.
- Check the fuel pump to make sure it is functioning properly. If the fuel pump is not working correctly, it may not be delivering enough fuel to the engine.
- Check the carburetor to make sure it is clean and properly adjusted. If the carburetor is not functioning correctly, it may be difficult for the engine to start.
If you have checked all of these items and the scooter is still not starting, it may be necessary to consult a mechanic or the scooter's user manual for further troubleshooting.
The Keeway Flash I have has not been started for a
Keeway scooters usually do not have kickstand switch. Check if there is
one just in case. If there is kickstand switch bypass it.
Check fuel switch, fuel filter and hose.
Try starting with no fuel cap.
Check and replace spark plug.
Check carburetor oil and oil tube.
Check carburetor mixture and idle settings.
The carburetor needle may be clogged in some case the carb must be
disassembled to clean part or regulate needle height. Unscrew the
discharging fuel screw for the carburetor and check if there is fuel
flow. If fuel flows test the ignition wiring , CDI and coils in the
I do not have the service manual for this scooter.
Here a service manual for a Keeway ARN 150, similar to Flash
Check the service manual tests and diagnostics are the same and wiring diagram is similar.
Not finding what you are looking for?