ok, there are 2 clutch systems.
and hydraulic. (its self adjusting but when bad, not)
the cable type adjust like all cars made, with this.
its a nut on the end of cable, called setting free play every 30k.
the is the MC fluid dropping?, if yes, its bad. it or slave or both.
ill attempt to rear online FSM for you (alldata.com) so can you if you want.
yup, the book shows it had both types. (im sure its a cut of year,but 1994 is a long time ago )
with the below data, it seems the cable ended in
- 1992-95 Pick-Up and Amigo with 2.6L engine-6.7-7.1 in. (171-181mm)
- 1992-95 Pick-Up and Amigo with 3.1L or 2.3L engine-7.3-7.7 in. (185-195mm)
- 1988-91 Pick-Up and Amigo-7.3-7.7 in. (185-195mm)
- 1985-87 Pick-Up-8.12-8.51 in. (206-216mm)
- 1981-84 Pick-Up-6.5-6.8 in. (164-174mm)
- 1987 Trooper II-9.1-9.5 in. (231-241mm)
- 1985-86 Trooper II-8.12-8.51 in. (206-216mm)
the above is free play cable on all of these cable cars.
so yours is Hydraulic, if you read the operators guide
it told you to check this, along with the brake MC
same way. full to the line
i bet its not......
if it drops (same with brakes)
that is bad news, it has leaks.
it can leak 2 common places.
off the slave cyl, end, driving to work, not ever seen.!
or off rear of MC down fire wall. is it?
or rust cause leaks in lines. or loose fittings......
all of this is checked first.. looking.....
MC = master cylinder.....