- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sure it's the socket itself? You can check it with a test light, but be careful you don't blow a fuse. You need to use the testlight's probe to touch the very rear of the socket (don't touch the sides!), and use the grounding clip of tester to clip on or just touch the side metal of the socket. Turn key on, and the testlight should light up if socket is working. If not, repair the power line to socket, or the ground for socket is open. If socket is good, the lighter itself is bad.
SOUND LIKE ALTERNATOR NOT CHARGING BATTERY,WITH ENGINE RUNNING CHECK BATTERY VOLTS AT BATTERY SHOULD BE 13.5 - 14.5 VOLTS.IF NOT ALTERNATOR NOT WORKING CHECK ALTERNATOR BATTERY POWER FEED WIRE AND VOLTAGE REGULATOR WIRES FOR DAMAGE AND LOOSE CONNECTION. CHECK ALTERNATOR FUSE.BEFORE REMOVING ALTERNATOR.TURN OFF RADIO FIRST BEFORE REMOVING THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TO KEEP FROM LOCKING OUT RADIO.
Thanks for choosing FixYa and welcome. You have a fuse for this in the fuse box. If the fuse is good, you probably have a loose wire or a bad wire in that particular harness. In order to find it, it would need looked at and tested with a voltage meter.
fuse #2 E7 D8 goes only at cigarrete lighter and to data link connector, remove the socket at the rear of cigarrete lighter and install fuse, change the cigarrete lighter when it is shorted or there will be a small piece of metal left inside the whole,
See if you can actually pop the cigarrete lighter out of the console. There will be 2 connecting wires at the bottom. Chances are that upon hitting a bump hard or just through normal vibrations from being driven for almost 15 years, the connections may have came loose. Just slip them back on and it should be good to go. If not then the actual heating agent in the lighter may have gone bad as well.
voltage is the power supply. you always run atleast a 10/12 ga wire to positive side of battery. also remember that will also need a ground. keep the color code for positve voltage to either red or yellow for positive and black or white for ground.